Belcan EH&S Specialist in Chicopee, Massachusetts
Job Number: 283746
Description: A EH&S Specialist job in Chicopee, MA is now accepting applications. This is a permanent direct / benefited role with our key automotive client. To be considered, You will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or in a Health and Science discipline, and 5+ years of experience in EH&S in an industrial environment. In this role, you will implement, train, and maintain all health and safety programs and coordinate safety training programs for employees, and Maintain the overall Environmental Management System.
EH&S Specialist Job Requirements:
• Implement, train, and maintain all corporate health and safety programs and coordinate safety training programs for employees and outside contracted services.
• Maintain overall Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and conformance to the ISO14001 standard.
• Facilitate workplace safety incident reporting, and lead team approach or accident investigation. Determine root cause, and develop, assign, and track corrective action requests regarding workplace accidents.
• Promote EHS awareness through internal correspondence, specific training programs, and company communication boards.
• Advise facility of regulatory changes through working with our consultant that would apply through regular compliance reviews. Provide sufficient notice to assure proper level of compliance by the effective date of the new regulations.
• Develop, implement, maintain and administer overall facility security programs.
• Successful applicants should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or in a Health and Science discipline
• At least five years of EHS leadership experience in an industrial environment.
• Some experience with lean manufacturing, project management, and ISO procedures is preferred
If you are interested in this EH&S Specialist position in Chicopee, MA, please apply via the apply now link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Location: Chicopee , MA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 5+
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Benefits: Modified Staff Plan w/401(k)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart