Bristol Myers Squibb Translational Research Pathologist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Translational Research Pathologist
We are seeking a Pathologist to integrate diagnostic pathology interpretation with knowledge of disease mechanisms and drug mechanism of action to inform development of pre-clinical and clinical assets. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative physician-scientist who can work across a highly matrixed organization to advance programs from lead initiating/optimization through IND enabling activities and ultimately to Clinical Proof of Concept. The successful candidate will provide pathology and assay development support for pathology biomarker plans, with an ultimate focus on novel targets and pathways for tumors that are refractory to current therapies.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide expert pathology support for drug and biomarker discovery programs in oncology
• Perform histopathologic evaluation of human and mouse tissues to address specific scientific questions in discovery and development work in oncology
• Apply relevant pathology techniques, including immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, FISH, and molecular diagnostics in partnership with research and clinical leaders to discover and characterize drug mechanisms of action and novel biomarkers.
• Serve as internal clinical expert for questions related to disease classification, stratification, and for interfacing with other clinical or pathology colleagues within the organization.
• Manage relationships with key opinion leaders and contract research organizations (CROs) as part of the Translational Research team
• Develop, execute, and interpret biomarker and mechanism of action studies relevant to early phase clinical trials, with specific emphases on the development and application of innovative pathology technologies.
• Pursue longitudinal reverse translational research activities to advance the thematic focus on mechanisms of resistance. This work could involve development and utilization of tissue-based technologies to support areas of high scientific or translational interest to discovery or early development efforts.
• Forge strong links across wider translational, discovery and clinical teams.
• Participate in multidisciplinary projects and teams and integrate cross-functional information.
MD, or their foreign equivalents, with Board Certification in Anatomic Pathology, or combined Anatomic Pathology/Laboratory Medicine.
2-5+ years of post-graduate research experience.
Clear demonstration of scholarly productivity in a relevant field of biomedical research
Prior role in multidisciplinary projects and teams with ability to integrate cross-functional information.
Excellent traditional diagnostic pathology skills with demonstration of ability to interpret pathology data in the context of a detailed and current understanding of molecular and cellular biology concepts.
Strong skill set in developing and implementing multiplexed immunohistochemistry methodologies from antibody selection, staining optimization, pre-analytical variable assessment to downstream digital and imaging strategies, with data dissemination and evaluation capabilities.
Image analysis experience is desired.
Demonstrated ability to handle several projects at any given time and to work successfully and collaboratively on teams
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where speed is paramount
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Req Number: R1530649-en-us
Updated: 2021-01-16 01:13:06.541 UTC
Bristol Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bristol Myers Squibb
- Bristol Myers Squibb Jobs