Beth Israel Lahey Health Registered Nurse - Hematology/Oncology Infusion Clinic in Cambridge, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Registered Nurse - Hematology/Oncology Infusion Clinic
· Promote healthcare outcomes in concert with currently accepted clinical practice guidelines.
· Assess learning needs and educates the patient and family in disease process, chemotherapy treatment plan, side effects, and side effect management.
· Works independently when caring for patients
· Has a comprehensive understanding of chemotherapy
· Educate patients and families regarding administration of home injections.
· Review patient’s clinical status and laboratory values pre-treatment and consults with physician when appropriate.
· Triage patient phone calls.
· Evaluate patient responses to interventions and follow through to resolution of issues.
· Serve as a resource to medical personnel in other health facilities, providing telephone consultation to engender optimal Oncology practices and knowledge among healthcare professionals caring for cancer patients.
· Work collaboratively with VNA and Hospice to provide for care at home.
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
· Able to access, maintain and discontinue central and venous devices.
· Must have current RN license
· Minimum 2 years experience required.
· Oncology experience preferred.
· BSN preferred.
· Specialty training in Oncology/Hematology, OCN Certification, preferred. Outpatient experience preferred.
· Knowledge of chemotherapy/biotherapy protocols.
· Knowledge of resources provided by practice and those that are available in the community.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs