Harvard University Nurse Practitioner in Cambridge, Massachusetts
59446BRAuto req ID:59446BRJob Code:W0758P HLT Nurse Practitioner IV Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Nurse PractitionerSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade (https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges) :058Time Status:Part-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Additional Qualifications and Skills:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate Excel skills
Experience with emergency/urgent care and associated procedures, phlebotomy, IV insertion, previous Nurse Practitioner experience, travel health counseling
Previous experience with an electronic medical record
Ability to organize tasks, problem solve, and respond in times of multiple demands and urgent situations
Additional Information: COVID
Harvard continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff and students, as well as the wider community. Information and details can be found via Harvard’s Coronavirus Workplace Policies website: https://hr.harvard.edu/corona-virus-workplace-policies.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Additional Information: Medical Clearance Requirements
As a condition of your employment at Harvard University Health Services, we request written documentation of the following:
• Letter of good health from your personal health care provider
• Most recent TB skin test (within past 3 months) or, if known skin test positive, documentation of previous chest x-ray, information about any past treatment
• Documentation of immunity (positive antibody titers) for Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella.
• Proof of appropriate past immunization for Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella.
• Hepatitis B vaccine series – required for staff with possible exposure to blood or blood borne pathogens.
• COVID-19 Card – Vaccine and Booster.
Department:Med Specialties ClinicPre-Employment Screening:Criminal, Education, IdentityJob Function:Health Care School/Unit:University Health Services EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Basic Qualifications:
Graduate of accredited nursing program
Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
Certificates and Licenses:
Licensed in Massachusetts with authorization to practice as a Certified Nurse Practitioner in the state of Massachusetts
State and federal DEA certificate
Lifting (approximately 20 to 30 pounds), bending, and other physical exertion
Ability to stand for extended periods
Sitting using near vision use for reading and computer use for extended periods of time
- May be required to work nights and weekends
Under the supervision of Senior Director for Nursing and Health Promotion as well as the day to day supervision of the Chief of Dermatology, the Nurse Practitioner for Dermatology provides episodic and ongoing health care to the adolescent, adult and geriatric University Community with complaints of the skin. He/she works interdependently with physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and health assistants.
· Adheres to the expectations and professional responsibilities of the department.
· Employs the standards, practices, and procedures of the department.
· Completes and complies with HUHS training requirements including HIPAA Privacy and Security.
· Reports non-compliance incidents to the supervisor, manager, and/or Compliance Officer.
TREATMENT PLAN OF CARE:
· After evaluation of health care needs plans for appropriate intervention, including primary management, health supervision, health education and referral.
· Determines and documents diagnosis/s and appropriate therapeutic plan.
· Updates problem and medication list as necessary.
· Involves patient, family and multidisciplinary team in care when appropriate.
· Demonstrates an ability to work effectively and communicate as needed with other members of the patient care team.
· Prescribes appropriate medications with knowledge of mode of action, dosage, interactions, and side effects.
· Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and protocols.
· Implements appropriate therapeutic treatments and consults with supervising physician as required according to established guidelines.
· Facilitates patient access through visits or telephone consults.
· Responds to emergency situations according to policy.
· Adheres to departmental guidelines regarding prescriptive practice.
· Documents all care, including patient’s response to treatment provided, in a concise and complete manner
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.