GCP Applied Technologies Hazard Communication and Regulatory Compliance Specialist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Supports the HazCom Leader and others in the EHS Group to meet hazard communication requirements, determine health and environmental classifications, and define product labeling and transportation classifications to ensure compliance with all country requirements where company distributes, manufactures, and sells products.
- Provide product EHS label and safety data sheet generation and maintenance.
- Support Lead continuous improvement activities intended to enhance quality of the system and Hazard Communication outputs. Work Experience
Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in product safety/stewardship and regulatory compliance supporting the chemical or specialty chemical industry.
- Strong understanding of chemicals and the related hazards and the ability to determine appropriate GHS classifications for pure substances and mixtures.
- Experience evaluating industrial chemicals, understanding the toxicology and potential hazards and communicating control measures.
- Ability to utilize an existing software program to develop and author Safety Data Sheets and labels in compliance with Hazard Communication regulations around the world.
- Experience working with regulatory issues. Proven ability to read and understand complicated regulatory information and communicate business impacts.
- In addition to hazard communication regulations, knowledge of US DOT and EPA regulations and global Chemical Control regulations.
- Ability to work with various regulatory databases. Prior experience using SDS computer systems and especially the DR Software ChemGes SDS/label authoring software system would be a strong benefit.
- Fluent using Microsoft suite of tools. Experience creating databases in Access preferred.
- Prior experience using SAP and SharePoint preferred.
- Previous training in six-sigma methodology or familiarity using six-sigma tools is preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment while managing multiple projects and changing priorities EducationBS or MS (or equivalent) in Science or Engineering
Special Requirements (includes Necessary Language Skills) Fluency in English required. Ability to communicate in Spanish, French or Portuguese would be a plus.