Mathematica Clinical Quality Informatics Lead in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
Mathematica seeks a clinical quality informatics professional to apply their clinical knowledge, applied informatics expertise and quality measurement experience to lead the development, testing, and implementation of interoperable quality improvement solutions, including quality measures and analytics. This individual should have experience working in a clinical healthcare setting with expertise in applied clinical informatics and quality improvement.
- Serve as a clinical informatics subject matter expert in the areas of clinical quality measurement, digital measures (eCQMs, EHR-enabled measures) and standards pertaining to eCQMs and clinical decision support
- Lead clinical quality measure and analytics specification leveraging health IT standards and standard terminologies and ontologies
- Collaborate with current and potential customers to understand their work processes and needs; translate customer needs into detailed customer product requirements for the development team
- Collaborate with informatics, research, programming, development, and customer support team members to develop and deliver measurement and analytics products
- Perform feasibility assessments to determine solution alignment with measurement or clinical intent, technical viability and client needs
- Lead and perform informatics validation and QA processes for measurement and analytics products; provide critical review of quality measure and analytics specifications
- Develop and assist in the delivery of customer documentation and training
- Provide health interoperability standards consultation and training
- Synthesize and critically review information across multiple sources to make a decision, while working with other team members
- Effectively delegate, as appropriate, to junior staff
Provide quality assurance reviews with constructive feedback on work products delegated to junior staff
- Position Requirements*:
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience; or doctoral degree with 2+ years of relevant experience; or bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Clinical experience (doctor, nurse, pharmacist, etc.), or operational experience in healthcare organizations in quality, safety, care management, EHR optimization, or analytics roles required; experience developing or implementing eCQMs preferred
- Experience with configuration and optimization of EHR, LIS, AIMS, and/or related clinical information systems preferred
- Demonstrated domain expertise in two or more areas, including eCQM implementation, clinical decision support, clinical analytics, quality improvement, EHR optimization, relevant informatics standards (i.e. QDM, CQL, FHIR, QRDA, FHIR experience preferred), experience mapping local terms/concepts to standardized code systems
- Previous experience in eCQM implementation, clinical decision support, or analytics development and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience leading multi-stakeholder design or business development meetings, experience giving presentations to panels and large groups
- Experience collaborating with and building consensus with diverse teams; ability to communicate with individuals of varying technical aptitudes and professional backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail; flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and learn complex new concepts quickly
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on a project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Chicago, IL; Remote
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $90,000 - $140,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs