Vinfen Associate Director of Nursing (Psychiatric Rehabilitation Division) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Associate Director of Nursing (Psychiatric Rehabilitation Division) works to support and enhance Vinfen's nursing/medical care management, and promote a culture of health and wellness promotion for the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Division (PRD). The Associate Director of Nursing represents the clinical needs of adults with mental health conditions living in community-based settings and ensures appropriate regulatory requirements are met in reporting to the Director of Nursing and senior leadership of the division. The Associate Director of Nursing reports on medical/clinical matters to the Director of Nursing and to divisional leadership for all matters of operations and ensures the appropriate level of clinical intervention and oversight are provided.
The Assistant Director of Nursing will also:
- Assist Director of Nursing (Director of Nursing) with coverage plans and coverage strategies related to nursing vacancies and team vacancies.
- Act as a MAP Consultant and assistant contact in conjunction with Director of Nursing, for Department of Public Health's (DPH) Medication Administration Program (MAP) processes in the PRD.
- Collaborate with administrative support functions including the Human Resources and Quality Departments to assist with ongoing matters including electronic health record (EHR) roll out, ongoing training and recruitment strategies.
- In collaboration with external vendors, help to assist with testing, training and evaluating processes as part of EHR roll out and future implementation.
- Assist with ensuring compliance to COVID-19 guidance and procedures. Support operations with COVID-19 related questions/concerns.
- Provide ongoing oversight of clinical skills and practices to Psychiatric Rehabilitation Division (PRD) RN personnel. Design and promote systems with ACCS and other program nurses to monitor job performance. Provide input for performance reviews related to the clinical skills and development needs of nursing personnel.
- Share Nursing On-Call coverage with nursing leadership (when and if needed).
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open to all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week): 15 days of Vacation per year 12 Paid Holidays 10 Sick Days per year 3 Personal days per year
- Educational Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Nurse supervisor, Registered Nursing, Nursing, RN, Nurse Manager
- BSN/MSN (preferred) with a minimum of 3- 5 years experience in community health nursing with the division's population required.
- One to two years of experience/training in a related function.
- Strong commitments to the right and ability of people served to live, work, have meaningful relationships and receive the resources and supports needed in their community of choice
- Knowledge of nursing, psychiatric nursing, clinical, habilitation and rehabilitation systems, techniques and interventions
- Excellent curriculum development, facilitation, teaching and training skills
- All candidates must be able to be CPR certified within two weeks of hire
- MAP Train the Trainer required and subsequent completion of attaining MAP Consultant status upon hire.
- Must complete OARS Med Screen & OARS training or EHR MARS training and competency upon hire.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year. Additionally, this position requires a fully insured vehicle that you will use in the course of your daily work. You must be willing to transport clients in your vehicle.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background, professional licensure and driving record check.
Monday - Friday 9 am to 5 pm
POSITION TYPE: Full time - Regular
Pay Rate: TBD