Charles River Laboratories Animal Care Technician 2 in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Animal Care Technician 2
Req ID #: 107959
Cambridge, MA, US, 02139
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Charles River is seeking anAnimal Technician 2, to join their team for ourCambridge, MA., contract. The candidate will observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment within the client’s animal facility. Perform animal care and husbandry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals for research.
• Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
• Perform daily cage wash duties and sanitation.
• Maintain accurate records of animal breeding, health, and housing/isolator or support areas as required by Institute and facility.
• Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as assigned by the on-site supervisor or facility veterinarian.
• Dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures.
• Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas or isolator environments, including room or facility personnel entry and personnel protective equipment use.
• Receive, inspect and put away incoming animals; ensure and provide for sentinel animals in each rodent housing area.
• May be involved in strictly maintaining and following breeding and weaning procedures to ensure appropriate production levels.
• Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
• Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels in order to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
• Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent required.
• Experience: Minimum of two years directly related laboratory animal experience in an AAALAC accredited facility.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the ALAT level or above required
• Other: Proficiency with basic animal identification methods. Ability to effectively follow verbal and written instructions and exhibit interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective communication and that contribute to a congenial work environment. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with coworkers, research staff, and managers. Strong organization skills and attention to detail. Strong written and verbal English communication skills. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
IMPORTANT:A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs