Beth Israel Lahey Health Surgical Technologist in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Evening (United States of America)
40 hours, evening shift
The Surgical Technician role is now eligible for a $15,000 sign on bonus. Important Details: Bonuses are paid out in 3 payments: $5,000 after 30 days of hire, $5,000 after 6 months of hire, and $5,000 after 12-months of hire. To be eligible, you must be a non-BILH employee or a previous eligible employees who returns to BILH after 1 year. Previous employees returning within 1-Year are eligible for a retention bonus. Employee must be in good standing to receive the bonus at the time of payment. All bonuses are subject to applicable taxes. This program is subject to change at any point.
The Surgical Technologist (ST) is a member of the surgical team responsible for providing intra-operative care to the surgical patient. This job requires working in a fast paced environment, with a focus on patient progression goals, quality initiatives and achieving the highest level of patient satisfaction. They will precept other staff and students. The ST functions under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/Circulating Nurse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Assists and collaborates with the Circulating nurse to set up for surgical
procedures with proper instrumentation, equipment and supplies.
· Primary role is as a ST, passing instruments and supplies to the surgeon at the sterile field.
· Anticipates needs of surgical team during the procedure and provides them
with proper instruments, equipment, supplies to meet these needs.
· Assists in the care, cleaning and maintenance of all general and specialty
instruments, equipment and supplies according to established guidelines,
policies and procedures.
· Collaborates with the Circulating nurse to insure the accuracy of all sponge, sharps and instrument counts according to established policies and procedures.
· Responsible for application of the principles of aspesis to maintain integrity of the sterile field.
· Participates in the quality improvement/quality assurance process at the unit level.
· Communicates effectively
· Parallel Processing in collaboration with circulating nurse/team staff to achieve and maintain turnover goals and on-time starts.
· Actively participates in performing the essential components of the WHO Checklist, hand hygiene, and other department safety and quality initiatives.
· Must be able to take assignment of “on-call” for specified nights, weekends and holidays.
· Handles specimens according to policy and procedure
· Incorporates Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities
· Complies with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies
· Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
· Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients
· Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment
· Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards
· Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
· Successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Education: Requires successful completion of an approved surgical technologist program or surgical technologist training in the military services.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Certified Surgical Technologist credential through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs