Lahey Health Radiation Therapist in Burlington, Massachusetts
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Radiation Therapist, under the supervision of the Chief Therapist in collaboration with the Manager/Director of Cancer Services, performs according to the policies, philosophy and objectives of the Radiation Oncology Department and the hospital. Works cooperatively with the department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Applies principles of basic radiation physics interactions and protection.
2) Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy treatment.
3) Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
4) Administers prescribed or advised by a physician, ointments, drops or lotions specific to the Radiation Therapy.
5) Explains procedures to patients and means of communication during treatment.
6) Prepares room and equipment for patient according to patient set up.
7) Maintains and logs daily treatments in the patient’s records paper chart and ARIA.
8) Possesses knowledge of scheduling and billing procedures proficient in IDX, ARIA, LCMC.
9) Utilizes QA programs to encompass all aspects of treatment delivery.
10) Understands the function of equipments, accessories and treatment methods.
11) Maintains and provides annual documentation of required CEC credits for licensure.
12) Participates in the clinical instruction of the RTT students.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be registered by the ARRT (T) in Radiation Therapy. Must be licensed by the State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years experience required.
Shift: Per Diem
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs