Beth Israel Lahey Health Radiation Therapist, 24 hours, Days in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
The Radiation Therapist, under the supervision of the Chief Therapist in collaboration with the Manager/Director of Cancer Services, performs according to the policies, philosophy and objectives of the Radiation Oncology Department and the hospital. Works cooperatively with the department and other services to create a system of quality healthcare.
The Radiation Therapist role is now eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus. Important Details: Bonuses are paid out in 3 payments: $1,666 at 30 days of hire, $1,667 at 6 Months of Hire, and $1,1667 at 1-Year of Hire. To be eligible, you must be a non-BILH employee or a previous eligible employee who returns to BILH after 1 year. Any part-time positions will be pro-rated based off the full-time bonus amount. Employee must be in good standing to receive the bonus at the time of payment. Per Diem roles are not eligible. All bonuses are subject to applicable taxes. If you leave Lahey Health & Medical Center before your first anniversary you will pay back the sign-on bonus to Lahey Health & Medical Center. This program is subject to change at any point.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Applies principles of basic radiation physics interactions and protection.
2) Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy treatment.
3) Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
4) Administers prescribed or advised by a physician, ointments, drops or lotions specific to the Radiation Therapy.
5) Explains procedures to patients and means of communication during treatment.
6) Prepares room and equipment for patient according to patient set up.
7) Maintains and logs daily treatments in the patient’s records paper chart and ARIA.
8) Possesses knowledge of scheduling and billing procedures proficient in IDX, ARIA, LCMC.
9) Utilizes QA programs to encompass all aspects of treatment delivery.
10) Understands the function of equipment, accessories and treatment methods.
11) Maintains and provides annual documentation of required CEC credits for licensure.
12) Participates in the clinical instruction of the RTT students.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals
into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be registered by the ARRT (T) in Radiation Therapy.Must be licensed by the State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years experience required.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs