Beth Israel Lahey Health Phlebotomist, FT 40 Hours, 5:30 am - 2:00pm in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Under supervision of Site Manager, responsible for drawing pediatric, adult and geriatric patients via venipuncture and finger sticks. Performs waived testing of blood and urine specimens and other routine testing and clerical responsibilities in preparation for laboratory processing.
5,000 Sign On Bonus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Monitor patient flow.
2) Perform venipuncture and finger stick phlebotomy; spin blood and prepare specimens in a timely manner in preparation for courier pickup/laboratory testing.
3) Perform dipstick urinalysis; collect urine and throat culture specimens and prepare for submission to the Laboratory.
4) Perform urine pregnancy tests and stool hematests.
5) Perform testing (i.e. electrocardiograms, spirometry testing, holter monitor testing, vision and hearing testing.)
6) Perform housekeeping, handle hazardous waste and keep laboratory area fully stocked.
7) Document and process encounter forms, lab requisitions and all necessary paperwork for third party billing.
8) Label tubes and samples, process and prepare labs and routine tests for pickup and delivery to Central Lab Provider.
9) Maintain log sheets for documentation of incoming and outgoing specimens.
10) Verbally report lab results to providers, and deliver appropriate lab results reports when received from central laboratory.
11) Perform other related duties including data entry into laboratory computer and special projects as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Six months phlebotomy experience.
Licensure/Certification(s): BLS certification through American Heart Association or agreement to obtain within one year required.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs