Lahey Health Phlebotomist - 1st Shift 32 Hrs in Burlington, Massachusetts
Under supervision of Site Manager, responsible for drawing pediatric, adult and geriatric patients via venipuncture and finger sticks. Performs waived testing of blood and urine specimens and other routine testing and clerical responsibilities in preparation for laboratory processing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Monitor patient flow.
2) Perform venipuncture and finger stick phlebotomy; spin blood and prepare specimens in a timely manner in preparation for courier pickup/laboratory testing.
3) Perform dipstick urinalysis; collect urine and throat culture specimens and prepare for submission to the Laboratory.
4) Perform urine pregnancy tests and stool hematests.
5) Perform testing (i.e. electrocardiograms, spirometry testing, holter monitor testing, vision and hearing testing.)
6) Perform housekeeping, handle hazardous waste and keep laboratory area fully stocked.
7) Document and process encounter forms, lab requisitions and all necessary paperwork for third party billing.
8) Label tubes and samples, process and prepare labs and routine tests for pickup and delivery to Central Lab Provider.
9) Maintain log sheets for documentation of incoming and outgoing specimens.
10) Verbally report lab results to providers, and deliver appropriate lab results reports when received from central laboratory.
11) Perform other related duties including data entry into laboratory computer and special projects as assigned.
12) Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environment and infection control standards.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: BLS certification through American Heart Association or agreement to obtain within one year required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Organized, accurate and detail oriented. Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients and providers. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment required.
Experience: Six months phlebotomy experience.
DAYS, 32hrs with every 4th weekend.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.
Allied Health, Other
Lahey Health is committed to equal opportunity. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected job status. Lahey Clinic provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Please click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.