Beth Israel Lahey Health Patient Care Technician day shift in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Under general supervision of Charge RN, performs general perioperative responsibilities. General responsibilities include assisting in operating room set-up, monitoring and maintaining stock of sterile supplies and instruments, surgical patient shave and preps as necessary, and transporting patients, specimens, supplies and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Assists in the transfer and positioning of all surgical patients from other nursing units.
2) Cleaning and restocking operating rooms and equipment between cases.
3) Performs surgical skin preparation (clipping) on appropriate patents.
4) Assists in holding patients for spinal anesthesia.
5) Transports specimens to appropriate laboratories when necessary, according to LHMC policy.
6) Delivers blood products to the appropriate surgical suite and informs OR Front Desk of blood products returned and not used.
7) Assists the surgical team with room set-up.
8) Assists equipment technicians to obtain special equipment necessary for the surgical procedure based on pick tickets and special needs.
9) Uses equipment in a safe and effective manner, reporting issues or repairs to Charge RN.
10) Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
11) Cleaning of surgical suites after each case.
12) Dispose of hazardous waste in the appropriate manner.
13) Maintains proper supplies needed for day-to-day operations as assigned.
14) Incorporates LHMC Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
15) Participates in performance improvement practices.
16) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and LHMC.
17) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
18) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
19) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
20) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
21) Successfully completes Mandatory Education.
22) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalency
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
• Applies critical thinking towards daily planning, case preparation, and equipment and patient safety. Ability to function at a level of autonomy.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs