Lahey Health Lead Messenger and Escort 20hrs Days in Burlington, Massachusetts
Under the general supervision of the supervisor, performs a variety of duties related to patient escort services for the Lahey Clinic Medical Center. Provides basic patient escort functions for inpatients and outpatients during admission, discharge or when traveling to testing areas within the facility, and for outpatients in need of assistance. In the absence of a supervisor, provides leadership guidance and assignments to Messenger Escorts
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensures that all floors are properly covered daily to provide routine specimen, chart and mail pick-up and delivery.
- Ensures that all runs are performed on their scheduled time and that all patients arrive at their scheduled appointments on time.
- Ensures that all complaints that are received are followed up in a timely manner and that the proper departments are notified on the same day.
- Dispatches with the ability to properly prioritize calls to ensure the timely delivery of all items and patients.
- Ensures that all paperwork related to the operation of the department is completed in a timely manner.
- Trains and orients section employees in proper etiquette, appropriate conversation and desired decorum.
- Ensures that all U.S. mail is properly sorted and with the proper postage and ready for the scheduled pick-up.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and responds logically and consistently in unusual or crisis situations
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Assigns mail delivery duties to staff on a daily basis.
- Updates master employee list as needed.
- Makes changes to delivery locations as needed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: CPR
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Minimum of three years of work experience in a medical environment
DAYS. 10hr shifts weekends and every third holiday
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.
Job Title: Lead Messenger and Escort 20hrs Days
Job ID: 149405
Location: Burlington, MA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled