Lahey Health Cardiothoracic Surgery - Physician Assistant in Burlington, Massachusetts
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is seeking advanced practitioners to join our team. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a nationally recognized 345 bed tertiary care hospital located in the northern suburbs of Boston, MA.
· Under the direction of the attending physician:
o History & physical examinations, daily progress notes and discharge summaries
o Outpatient clinic follow-up visits
o Planning and coordinating all aspects of postoperative care and post discharge follow-up
· First assisting with both cardiac and general thoracic surgical procedures. Familiarity with robotic thoracic surgery desirable.
· Harvesting saphenous veins (traditional and endoscopic)
· Placement and removal of chest tubes, central and arterial lines. Removal of pacer wires, sutures/staples, Swan-Ganz catheters, intra-aortic balloon pumps
· Participate in call rotation with other advanced practitioners who provide 24/7 in-house coverage and OR first assist call.
· Graduate of approved Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
· Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the field of cardiothoracic surgery or vascular surgery
· Experience with intensive care management of the postoperative cardiothoracic surgery patient including familiarity with ventilators, inotropes and vasoactive medications
· Licensure in the state of Massachusetts
· Current BCLS or ACLS certification
· Ability to work collaboratively in a high acuity environment
- Lahey Health Jobs