Beth Israel Lahey Health Anesthesis Tech I in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief Anesthesia Technician, assists the Anesthesiologists' and CRNAs' with technical preparation for inducing anesthesia , intubation, and airway management. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment used for administration of anesthesia and other related procedures. The position is fast moving and covers a large area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
I. Sets-up operating room with required equipment and supplies according to the type of cases and ages of the patients. Consults with Anesthesiologist or CRNA for specific setup needs as necessary or requested. Locations include but not limited to Operating Rooms, Radiology, Litho, EP, Radiation Therapy and Endoscopy.
- Prepares care for the patient by the following:
• Assists anesthesiologists with line placements including central lines, following sterile technique. Calibrates equipment as required i.e. Transducers and SY02 Catheters.
• Assists Anesthesiologists and CRNAs with airway management, including set up for airway care, set up of fiberoptic scope, set up of atomizer and topical solutions for awake intubation, assists with cricoid pressure d rapid sequence.
• Tests, sets-up, maintains sterile technique and processes autologous blood products for re-infusion. Package, and report to Anesthesiologist the volume, estimated blood loss (EBL) and returned processed unit volume.
• Set up and prepare Anesthesia machines for latex and malignant hyperthermia cases. Assists Anesthesiologist by the following:
• Sets up IV solutions, equipment, cardiac monitors and anesthesia machines. Changes tanks on machines and line canisters as needed.
• Responsible for cleaning anesthesia machines as well as other anesthesia equipment, after each case. Remove empty or unused vials, syringes, or med cation bags (Exception: Federal DEA Schedule V and higher medications) and disposes them in appropriate receptacles after each case.
• Takes appropriate used equipment parts to C.S.S. for processing and sterilization .
• Follows established protocols and uses proper sterile technique in the procedure room. Orders tanks of gases or other anesthesia supplies as necessary, brings low stock items to the supervisors.
• Supplies and exchanges vaporizers as requested by the Anesthesiologist or CRNA .
• Maintain appropriately stocked red ca1is prior to OR entry Minimum
Education : High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to prepare and set up equipment for Anesthesia procedures. Ability to maintain sterile fields, Clean and disinfect anesthesia instruments and equipment. Ability to perform technical duties in complex clinical situations Knowledge of medical terminology Ability to use anesthesia equipment and related supplies Knowledge of basic patient care. Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities Ability to set-up, operate and troubleshoot anesthesia delivery systems, monitors, and ancillary devices. Ability to assists Anesthesiologist with monitoring, induction, and intubation of patients.
Experience: One year of experience in a patient care environment.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs