VCA Animal Hospitals Veterinary Technician Supervisor in Brookline, Massachusetts
Join the VCA Metro Cat team in a leadership role!
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician Supervisor to join and lead our technical team. The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high-quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen. Our new Veterinary Technician Supervisor will work closely with the Hospital Manger and the Lead Client Service Representative to manage day-to day operations of the hospital. Duties will include; assisting our Veterinarians in appointments and surgery, client education and communication, technical staff supervision and training, ordering medical supplies and related items, supporting best medical practices and attending supervisory meetings. Flexibility in scheduling and weekend hours will be required.
We are a feline specialty practice. We use fear free handling techniques and superior quality feline medicine.
Why We Need You
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so they will partner with us for the lifelong care of their companion animals.
You’ve worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
• catheter placement
• hands-free radiology
• anesthesia monitoring
• physical examinations and patient assessment
• surgical preparation and assisting
• laboratory work
• patient recovery
• compassionate care for our hospitalized patients
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
• We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, and more!
Wage range: $21-$26 per hour based on skills and experience
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now! We look forward to getting to know you!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com
VCA Animal Hospitals
- VCA Animal Hospitals Jobs