Beth Israel Lahey Health Clinical Practice Assistant (Pain Management Center) in Brookline, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Job Summary: Provides patient services including vital signs, point of care testing, greeting, check-in, scheduling and medical assisting while delivering excellent service and contributing to the smooth flow of practice operations. Reports to the manager with input from assigned physicians, nurses or other health care providers.
This position is located at One Brookline Place, Brookline - located across from the Brookline Village T Station.
As part of an unprecedented organizational initiative, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is now offering up to $1,500 in sign-on bonuses for Clinical Practice Assistant positions.
Sign-On Bonus Amounts:
All Clinical Practice Assistants: $1,500 for full-time (30+ hours, with one year of experience), $750 (20-29 hour w/ one year of experience) for part-time employees.
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in three payments. You will receive your first payment within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the third payment (remaining balance) at one (1) year following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign-on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Communicates with and assists patients, other employees and the general public in a courteous, helpful manner by phone and in person. Provides accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met.
Takes complete and accurate information from patients/callers, prioritizes information and facilitates communication of information to providers.
Prepares schedules, patient charts and other documents as needed in accordance with quality standards. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, whether by phone, discussion with providers or distribution of patient information by e-mail, fax, etc.
Performs check-in, registration, and verification of demographic and fiscal information utilizing a computer system.
Enters data from visit tickets and ensures that information is complete, accurate and timely to facilitate the billing process.
Collects copayments following standards for managing copayment processes. Directs patients at time of check in.
Schedules related diagnostic and lab tests making every reasonable effort to accommodate patient and provider needs. Inputs patient insurance and managed care plans, including prior authorizations, referrals, and pre-certifications. Explains processes as needed to help patients meet their needs and insurance requirements.
Verifies patient schedule to assure patient was seen and enters billing tickets into system.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
· At least 5 months of direct patient care experience in a clinical or research setting, such as: experience working as a medical assistant (MA), a patient care technician (PCT) or a clinical nursing assistant (CNA); nursing or medical student with completion of one clinical rotation.
· MA, EMT, CNA or LNA certificate, or Associates Degree in Medical Assisting
· Phlebotomy certificate
Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs