Steward Health Care System Nursing Supervisor - Nursing Admin; per diem in Brockton, Massachusetts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values. We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues. In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: Compassion Accountability Respect Excellence Stewardship If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
• The Nursing Supervisor is a professional nurse who is responsible for coordination and supervision of patient care on multiple nursing units and departments on the evening, night and weekend shifts. He/she works closely with Clinical Managers and others to ensure that high quality, timely service is provided to all patients.
• Serves as role model, providing clinical direction to staff, demonstrates expertise in the nursing process and evaluates care provided by nursing personnel • Ensures high quality, cost efficient patient care by making appropriate staffing decisions • Demonstrates responsibility for human resource management within the Nursing Division and the Hospital to achieve high quality patient care, as well as a work environment which promotes harmonious employee relations • Functions as the on-site hospital representative accountable for coordinating the operational/administrative activities required for the smooth functioning of the Hospital on the evening, night and weekend shifts • Functions as a member of the Nursing Leadership Team. Plans and directs Nursing Division activities on the evening/night and weekend shifts in order to comply with established policies and procedures and to achieve divisional goals and objectives • Establishes and maintains interdisciplinary communication and cooperation. Promotes a positive image of the Nursing Division and Carney Hospital through effective interaction with patients, visitors, physicians, community and the public • Demonstrates commitment to personal career growth and development
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• 5 years Staff Nurse experience including Charge Nurse responsibilities
• Leadership experience required
• Must be able to demonstrate the clinical knowledge and skills necessary to oversee the provision of care to patients ranging in age from infancy to geriatrics
Education: BS/BSN degree or enrolled in a BSN program; MS preferred Experience: Requires previous RN experience Certification/Licensure: MA RN license, BLS, ACLS Required Software/Hardware: Meditech Experience Preferred