The MENTOR Network Nursing _ Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist _ 3276 in Brockton, Massachusetts
Massachusetts MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides quality, community-based services to youth and adults. Through our programs we offer a wide range of individualized therapeutic programs; Therapeutic Foster Care and Behavioral Health Services, to serve youth with social, emotional, and behavioral challenges as well as their families.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist
JOB SUMMARY : Responsible for following all medical policies and protocols and for the treatment of all medical services provided to consumers
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
● Examine patients to determine general physical condition following standard medical procedures ● Consults with outside agencies, referral sources, other professionals as needed
● Maintain clinical files and records for each client, including initial evaluations, assessments, treatment plans, session notes, transfer and termination summaries and other required documentation
● Order laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluate data obtained
● Determine nature and extent of mental disorder and formulate a treatment program
● Treat and direct treatment of patients utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications
● Provide medication management for patients of the clinic
● Responds to client emergencies as required
● Maintain contact with clinic and consumers by checking voicemail and emails daily.
● Adheres to all company policies, administrative directives, and all office and administrative procedures ● Adhere to all therapy guidelines and codes of conduct
● Adhere to provisions of M.G.S. Chapter 119, Section 51A (Mandated Reporter) and reports all occurrences immediately to the clinic and psychiatrist
● Adhere to clinical recommendations from clinical administration
● Maintain confidentiality in all clinical matters
● Other duties as required
a) Lifting: Less than 15 lbs.
b) Stooping/bending: Seldom
c) Crawling/climbing/kneeling: Seldom
d) Reaching/pulling/pushing: Seldom
● QUALIFICATIONS: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner : Currently registered by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing and must have a master's or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited National League of Nursing graduate school with two years of full time supervised clinical experience in a multidisciplinary mental-health setting and be eligible for certification as a clinical specialist in psychiatric/mental-health nursing by the American Nursing Association. Clinical Nurse Specialist : Currently registered by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing and must have a master's or doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited National League of Nursing graduate school and meets the requirements of 244 CMR 4.13(3): Psychiatric Nurse Mental Health Clinical Specialist and certified as a Clinical Nurse Specialist with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). PC literacy and experience with MS Office applications
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states , you’ll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
The Mentor Network is pleased to be an equal employment employer Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The MENTOR Network
- The MENTOR Network Jobs