Steward Health Care System Clinical Transporter - 24 hours days and evenings in Brockton, Massachusetts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
• The Transporter is an integral part of the patient care team providing prompt, courteous, customer focused service to the patients, visitors and co-workers of Steward Good Samaritan Medical Center. The transporter is responsible for patient transport within the hospital and for miscellaneous functions as well. He or she contributes to service excellence by fostering collaboration among and between team members as well as other ancillary departments.
• Will prepare daily walk-sheets of all assigned activity.
• Transports patients within the hospital in a safe and appropriate manner.
• Prepares equipment by wiping down stretcher or wheelchair with disinfectant wipe and covering surface of equipment with a sheet. • Assist Nursing staff with moving patient from bed into wheelchair or stretcher. Practices good body mechanics when transferring and/or lifting patients. Will ensure that patient is provided a sheet for privacy and a blanket for comfort. • Will obtain and transport paperwork/chart as required with patient. • Observe proper procedures and techniques during patient transport. Monitors oxygen and intravenous apparatus and report any problems to Nursing personnel. • May transport and move bodies to the morgue. • Identifies correct patient for transportation by checking the identification arm band for all patients. Transporter will ask patient for name and date of birth. This information will be checked against the patient identification band prior to movement. • Adheres to the necessary precautionary methods for patients on precautions and will use personal protective equipment as necessary and defined on precaution cards located outside of patient room. • Communicates with patients, nursing personnel and other department personnel in the performance of position responsibilities. Notifies appropriate personnel upon arrival /departure of patient and/or miscellaneous items at unit/department. • Reports any change in patient's condition (difficulty breathing, complaints of discomfort, etc) to nursing staff. • Transports specimens and miscellaneous items related to patient care to/from unit/department. • Maintains and cleans equipment (stretchers & wheelchairs) in an orderly condition. Reports defective equipment to the appropriate manager for repair. May be called upon to make minor repairs to equipment. • Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety, smoking, and infection control policies. • Exercises good hand-washing techniques and personal hygiene. • Displays appropriate behavior and professional conduct at all times towards patients, co-workers, medical staff and visitors. • Maintains patient confidentiality and patient privacy. • Delivers patients belongings to and from Security from unit/department. • Keeps hallways clear by storing equipment in the appropriate storage areas. • Responds to" Codes" and all emergencies within the unit. Responds appropriately during unexpected events. • Attends and participates in training and educational classes related to Hospital Policies and skills knowledge. • Adheres to hospital's attendance guidelines. • May assist in conference room setups. • Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment. 1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external). 2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed. • Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in English. • Ability to lift without any limitations.
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Previous hospital experience preferred
CPR Certification Required