Vinfen Per Diem Day Program Nurse (RN) (Developmental Disabilities) in Brighton, Massachusetts
As a Per Diem Day Program Registered Nurse (RN) you will participate in the comprehensive assessment of physical health of the people Vinfen serves on a per diem basis. Your work will be in a clinically intensive Day Habilitation program that is tailored to meet the needs of an adult population who have brain injuries, intellectual and developmental disabilities in addition to complex health needs. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
As an R.N., you will function in a direct care nursing capacity. You will consult with other clinicians regarding health promotion and maintenance, medication administration and acute and chronic medical/ psychiatric crisis management for individuals served.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Flexibility to work around YOUR availability with the ability to pick up from just a few hours to over 40 hours per week
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, 3rd or overnight shifts
- Both individual shifts and long term assignments available
- Paid certification training including CPR, First Aid and MAP
- Ability to participate Vinfen's employee referral program which awards $500 - $2,000 bonuses for successful referrals with no annual cap
- Earn up to 5 days of paid sick time in a calendar year
- Eligibility to participate in Springfield College grant program for continued education
- Discounted YMCA memberships and access to wellness programs
- Other generous benefits and perks
Founded in 1977, for over 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, medical, community based, home care, healthcare, reliefmedical, dayprograms
- A bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- Current R.N. license in state of service required.
- 3-5 years nursing experience required.
- Experience working with people with brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment, Safety Care certified within 90 days of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment. Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Per diem, hours may vary
POSITION TYPE: Part Time Relief - Per Diem
Pay Rate: $35 / hour