Wellpath Recreation Therapist Hourly in Bridgewater, Massachusetts
$22 - $25 / hour
• Make a difference every day in the lives of the underserved
• Join a mission driven organization with a people first culture
• Excellent career growth opportunities
Join us and find a career that supports:
• Caring for overlooked, underserved, and vulnerable patients
• Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
• Autonomy in a warm team environment
• Growth and training
Perks and Benefits
In addition to comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and 401k, we foster a work, life balance for team members and their family to support physical, mental, and financial wellbeing including:
• DailyPay, receive your money as you earn it!
• Tuition Assistance and dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including free counseling and health coaching
• Company paid life insurance
• Tax free Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
• Wellness program featuring fitness memberships and product discounts
• Preferred banking partnership and discounted rates for home and auto loans
Now is your moment to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
If there is one unifying characteristic of everyone on our team, it is the deep desire to make a difference by helping society's most vulnerable and often overlooked individuals. Every day we have the distinct honor and responsibility to show up with non-judgmental compassion to provide hope and healing to those who need it most. For those whose calling it is to serve others, now is your moment to join our mission to provide quality care to every patient with compassion, collaboration, and innovation, to live our mantra to “Always Do The Right Thing!”, and to collectively do our part to heal the world, one patient at a time.
How you make a difference
As a Recreation Therapist, you will develop and organize therapeutic recreation groups and activities for patients with mental illness, including groups, individual activities, crisis intervention, behavioral programming and auxiliary support activities. Your role will involve documenting objective-driven contact notes and generating monthly progress notes, as well as developing curriculum and resources to support patient needs. You will work closely with interdisciplinary treatment teams to achieve measurable objectives specified in the Recovery Plan.
• The Recreation Therapist plans and conducts daily recreation and recovery groups, implementing individualized activity plans and MHT mentoring, and managing group process/dynamics to maximize patient participation and positive outcomes.
• They assess and reassess patients' strengths and needs and achievement of goals and objectives on the treatment plan, completing therapeutic activities assessment and supervising other staff who complete therapeutic activity assessment and services.
• The Recreation Therapist maintains a creative, stimulating group and room environment, is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages, and provides individualized care and treatment consistent with sensitivity to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
• They perform timely, complete, accurate, and legible documentation of services provided that is consistent with professional standards, facility procedures, and department requirements.
• The Recreation Therapist completes yearly training to stay current on industry developments and best practices.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in therapeutic recreation or recreation with an option in therapeutic recreation.
- Prefer some experience.
- Certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation or certified as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist by the state for Therapeutic Recreation / Activities Certification.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We encourage you to apply! If you are excited about a role but your experience doesn’t seem to align perfectly with every element of the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this, or one of our many other roles.
Quick Apply (https://careers-wellpath.icims.com/jobs/147998/recreation-therapist-hourly/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-336175207)
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Facility MA DOC Old Colony Corr
Shift Day 8 hour
- Wellpath Jobs