HealthPRO - Heritage Home Health Rehab Director in bradford, Massachusetts
HealthPro Heritage at Home is expanding! We are seeking to add a full-time Rehab Director for our Massachusetts Home Health Division. Qualified candidates will be a Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist with a strong background in home health and management. Prefer home base to be within 40 miles of Boston, MA.
HealthPro Heritage at Home is currently seeking to hire a full-time Home Health Rehab Director in Boston, MA (preferrably a Physical Therapist). We offer a pay per visit structure with guarantee and stipend for your non-clinical time. You will be eligible for an unrestrained profit-sharing plan as a dividend for growth within your market. A generous benefit package will include a full array of insurance options, 401k, paid time off, continuing education credits, and more!
The Rehab Director / Program Manager position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that their areas of responsibility have the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow their organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. The primary purpose of the position is the management and administration of all aspects of rehabilitation services for the respective customers and building(s) as well as for maintaining a clinical caseload.
• Maintaining a clinical caseload
• Business development to include marketing, maintaining client relationships, and developing new territories.
• Promotes positive employee relations by facilitating an atmosphere of open communication and problem solving
• Responsible for conducting performance appraisals of all rehab personnel
• Monitors and assists with personnel compliance standards including required credentials, corrective actions, and improvement plans when needed
• Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of staff, service and patient-related issues as requested
• Assures that all program standards are met, including CARF, SNF, and JCAHO standards
• Develop strategies to increase facility’s therapy program/revenue in both Part A and Part B caseloads
• Lead efforts to build caseloads within the facility, including the investigation of those in facility who could be candidates for therapy through follow-up with nursing staff and physicians. Ensure that the therapy dept. is aware and accepting all patients that are appropriate for therapy
• Develop special programs for resident participation, such as fitness, dementia programming, and various protocols for activities that strengthen and enhance the existing therapy program
• Lead marketing efforts with local hospitals, physicians and community on behalf of facility to increase awareness of the therapy program
• Provide leadership to and directly manage clinical therapy staff, facilitating a team atmosphere among staff
• Perform active involvement in the recruiting and hiring process, attend events, and interview candidates as needed
• Ensure that clinical staff is providing proper documentation according to Medicare guidelines, company policy and facility standards
• Represent the ethical standards of the company, identifying and report instances of poor patient care and communicating concerns to Supervisors as needed.
• Oversee the scheduling of patients and therapists, ensuring adequate coverage for therapy minutes
• Track Assessment Period Data to include number of disciplines treating, treatment days/weeks and daily treatment time. Communicate data to appropriate facility personnel
• Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and cognitively compromised patients
• Willingness to work in environments with risk of personal injury, exposure to infections, waste materials, infectious diseases, and odors
• Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with working with patients, families, and co-workers
• Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or less) support and directions.
• Basic knowledge of computers, typing abilities and willingness to utilize computers on a daily basis
• Participates in discharge planning
• Supervises Rehabilitation Technicians, students and volunteers as needed
• Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and individual therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using pre-determined criteria
• Provides in-service education to the members of the patient’s care team and education to the community
• Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, company standards, department procedures and standards according to company guidelines
• Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning implementation and follow up of patient therapy programs
• Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum performance standards according to company guidelines
• Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance as required
• Maintains a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations
• Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
• Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries and equipment to Supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately
• Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations
• Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code
• Adheres to all documentation requirements of Rehabilitation department and company
• Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information, using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive feedback and advice from others
• Demonstrates superior customer service through professionalism, courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive communication
• Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions, certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and patient rights
• Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in carrying out assignments
• Communicates and interacts professionally and respectfully with others in attending to and meeting their requests
• Perform all other duties as assigned and as required to effectively discharge the responsibilities of the position and are in the best interests of the company
• Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education, License renewal and professional development
Please note this job description is not designed to completely cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position manages all therapists and associated staff and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within their assigned market.
• Bachelors, Master’s Degree and or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy
• Current license in the state(s) assigned
• Minimum of 3 years of rehabilitation experience
• Proven leadership and program development/supervisory experience, including multi-site management experience across continuum practices
• Knowledge of state, federal and therapy practice act legislation/law and accreditation standards
• Must pass medical and physical examination based on job qualifications, requirements and duties/responsibilities
Requisition ID: 2021-42403
External Company Name: Healthpro Heritage, LLC
External Company URL: www.healthpro-heritage.com
Full Name: First Last: Raina Bell
Number: (405) 620-5189