YMCA of Greater Boston YMCA Food Coordinator - BHA in BOSTON, Massachusetts
The YMCA of Greater Boston is dedicated to improving the health of mind, body and spirit of individuals and families in our communities. We welcome men and women, boys and girls of all incomes, faiths and cultures. The YMCA is a year round food sponsor that provides meals to different sites throughout the city.
To assist us in meeting our mission and goals, the YMCA is seeking a YMCA Food Coordinator for BHA Family Developments to join our team. The Food Coordinator will serve as a seasonal member of the Food Insecurity team and work to support individual BHA Family Development Sites. This person will work to support logistic issues and support the adult meals at their BHA location.
The successful candidate will work to oversee the adult food service program. The Food Coordinator will work with our food vendor City Fresh Foods to ensure that the appropriate quantity of meals is delivered. The position will set up and breakdown the food distribution site each service day and maintain safety at all times
This position will provide coordination and oversight of the BHA Family Development Adult Food Program including set up and break down for all service days. The position will also maintain safety, as well as social distancing guidelines.
· Available for 20 weeks from mid-August to December 31, 2010
· Available Monday through Thursday
· Experience in non-profit or community-based work
· Ability to work with families
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Hours and Compensation
· The position provides part-time hours a week at $18 - $20/hour
· Available from the middle of August through December 2020