Beth Israel Lahey Health Ultrasonographer III in Boston, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
$4,500 (Part Time) Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply).
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
The Ultrasonographer III is responsible for performing a wide range of Ultrasound procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, gynecological and some vascular exams. This person interacts daily with patients and other medical personnel.
Reviews charts, selects appropriate equipment and transducers for tests as ordered. Interviews patients, obtains necessary information, explains procedures, allays apprehensions and positions patient appropriately. Assists physicians during sterile invasive procedures, i.e. amniocenteses, cyst punctures, thoracenteses, biopsies, etc. Views screen, detects pathology/other factors (f/u, change of shape, etc.). Determines images appropriate for diagnostic purpose. Records images on PACS, and provides images on film and paper when needed. Provides preliminary interpretation in daily logbook and may convey preliminary interpretation to requesting physician after discussion with radiologist. May assist the work of other divisions during procedures. Performs functions in areas outside the Ultrasound Suite, including O.R., intensive care units, Emergency Department, and nursing floors using portable ultrasound equipment. Shares on-call duties (24 hour coverage) with fellow sonographers only after reaching a minimum required expertise as judged by the Ultrasound Manager and physician in charge of Ultrasound. Serves as team resource for technical information, training and guidance. Provides orientation for new sonographers and support for student sonograhers. Monitors orientation progress of new staff and provides documentation of progress. Participates in developing new training tools or models to improve efficiency of the department. Presentation of staff education in-service. Presentation of research and projects at local and/or national Ultrasound meetings. Participates in the publishing of articles in the Ultrasound literature. Performs high level disinfection of Ultrasound intracavitary transducers in systems such as the Trophon EPR system. Appropriate HLD of Ultrasound transducers is necessary for patient protection and infection control. Employees are trained initially and then an annual refresher is completed.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs