Tufts Medical Center Research Assistant I - Clinical/Health Services in Boston, Massachusetts
Research Assistant I - Clinical/Health Services
Department: Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies
Schedule: Full-Time Regular
Shift: Day shift
Hours: Monday-Friday 8-4:30
Bachelor's degree is required
The Research Assistant I will provide research support in Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies. The Research Assistant will have responsibility for compiling work performed by individual team members, identifying discrepancies therein, and working with team members to resolve such issues. This requires a strong sense of familiarity with model developments and validations. This position will be accountable for conducting screening of abstracts and full-text articles for inclusion in databases and/or systemic reviews.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for data collection and ensuring that all data is collected in a timely fashion, which includes identifying missing data and implementing data checks, as well as generation of reports.
· Performs tasks which may require familiarity with a variety of protocols, techniques and equipment.
· May perform literature searches either relevant to the project(s), else in pursuit of new techniques/ideas to expand relevant basic knowledge.
· May be responsible for scheduling meetings or study visits, as well as calendar maintenance. Logs work performed.
· May assist with the collection, storage, and shipping of biological samples.
· May maintain and update records in accordance with IRB/WIRB and sponsor requirements.
· Maintains department records, reports and files as required.
· Assists with preparation of abstracts, presentations, and publications as needed.
· Attends meetings as required, may be asked to take minutes.
· Maintains collaborative, team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group's achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
· Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Ability to perform data entry and retrieval
· Knowledge of database management
· Ability to prioritize quickly and appropriately
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Care in organization and systematic record-keeping
· BS or equivalent
· 0-2 years experience in research related activities