AdventHealth Registered Nurse Cath Lab Full Time Days $15,000 Sign On Bonus in Boston, Massachusetts
Registered Nurse Cath Lab AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Resolves customer service issues, treating all customers with courtesy. Communicates issues to Supervisor and Team Leader.
- Proficiently performs each position for the Invasive Cardiovascular procedures on all patient age groups.
- Provides Diagnostic and Intervention Invasive Cardiovascular procedures to all patients, regardless of sex, age or race. Provides patients with efficient and courteous care.
- Proficient on the proper use and operation of the specific imaging and monitoring equipment according to the department's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all staff, patients, families, and cardiology services administration.
- Demonstrates Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Annually meets all department competencies.
- Efficient utilization of department supplies and resources.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions and discontinues use before the problem leads to a more costly repair.
- Time management skills resulting in cost reduction. Works to help maintain worked hours vs daily volumes balance.
- Accountable for quality and PI improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes.
- Is familiar and complies with appropriate JCAHO standards and directives.
- Wears TLD badge daily, reviews radiation exposure reports and uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations. Follows ALARA.
- Follows patient identification/verification process prior to performing all patient exams/procedures.
- Follows Infection Control policies. Adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Assists with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required meetings and staff development programs.
- Supervises other health care team members in a clinical setting. Supports new physicians with orientation to the department.
RN’S WORKING IN THE CATH LAB:
- Proficient with all cardiac diagnostic and interventional angiography procedures in scrub, circulate and monitor roles.
- Proficient with all venous and arterial peripheral intervention procedures in scrub, circulate and monitor roles.
- Becomes proficient on all new complex procedures at start of program.
- Competencies validated by company representatives.
- Provides education to nursing units at their staff meetings.
- Preceptor to co-workers.
- Obtain CEU’s and organizes education in-services.
- Resource for one assigned Research Study.
- Monthly PI project.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to learn and comprehend the hemodynamic monitoring software.
- Able to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Experience with Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of the all anatomy including circulatory neuro systems.
- Responsible to maintain all required registries and licenses to perform all positions for Invasive Cardiology procedures.
- Able to operate and operate the x-ray equipment. Knowledge of placing service calls.
- Able to follow Basic Radiation Safety concepts of time, distance, and shielding to keep exposure levels ALARA for patients and staff.
- Able to learn and comprehend the scrub, record and circulate position and become independent on Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiovascular cases.
- Able to operate all equipment in various Invasive Cardiology labs.
- Assists in patient flow through the Invasive Cardiology areas.
- Assists in training new employees once becoming independent in each position.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- MAC Lab
- Temporary pacing
- Computer documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree or higher in Nursing
- Understanding of hemodynamic monitoring
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Cardiac Cath Lab
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- NIHSS from Know Stroke (NIHSS from American Heart Association will be accepted upon hire, subsequent renewals must be completed through Know Stroke)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: AdventHealth Carrollwood
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs