State of Massachusetts Psychiatrist III in Boston, Massachusetts
The Massachusetts Mental Health Center is seeking an experienced, talented professional to join us as the Center's Assistant Medical Director (Psychiatrist III). This position a ssists the Medical Director in quality improvement projects as assigned. Also serves as the designated attending psychiatrist for patients covered by the clinical unit to which the physician is assigned.Serves as principle investigator for research projects as initiated or assigned. Participates in teaching and training of psychiatric residents, and other MMHC staff as needed. Consults with MMHC staff, DMH providers, and other agencies, regarding the integration of medical and psychiatric treatment of MMHC patients. Assists in management of the physician staff.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
· Attends the clinics for the assigned hours of the position, and informs the medical director of proposed absences.
· Arranges coverage for responsibilities during absences and provides coverage for other physicians.
· As the attending psychiatrist to clinical programs as assigned, provides leadership and coordinates psychiatric care
· Prescribes and monitors psychiatric medications as required for the appropriate treatment of patients’ conditions.
· Assists the patients to achieve general health and wellness goals and behaviors.
· Provides collaborative leadership in diagnosis, case formulation, treatment planning, and risk management.
· Maintains contemporary, factual and true, accurate, and timely documentation/records, in paper and electronic forms, which are complete and inclusive of plan and care and actions taken.
· Provides on call-responsibilities, same day triage, and consultation to patients, team members, and residential staff, as appropriate and needed.
· Coordinates care with other medical specialists and institutions.
· Communicates with family members and other agencies involved as needed.
· Administers individual and/or group therapy for patients referred to them for such treatment.
· Attends standing and side meetings required for clinical care.
· Supervises and trains residents, fellows, and other trainees as assigned in consultation with the associate training directors.
· May engage in work related research, committees, teaching, or other activities as assigned.
· Provides collaborative leadership to clinic staff to develop, expand, and integrate medical, wellness, and psychiatric services in the WaRM Center.
· As an internal medical director, collaborates with Vining Street leadership and staff for successful integration of services.
· Works closely with the Medical Director to design, implement, and evaluate projects for system improvement.
· Meets with the medical director, at least annually or as needed, for a review of job performance and professional development.
· Performs the duties of the medical director in his/her absence.
· Other duties as assigned by the medical director.
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00 pm
Days off: Saturday and Sunday
Preferred Qualification: Given the population served, bilingual or multilingual fluency
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions regarding this requisition, please contact Human Resources at 1 (617) 626-9255
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have at least three years of residency training in a recognized program in psychiatry AND at least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in the field of psychiatry.
Special Requirements: Current and valid registration as a physician under the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Medical Services
Organization: *Department of Mental Health
Title: Psychiatrist III
Location: Massachusetts-Boston-20 Vining Street
Requisition ID: 180007WV