Maxim Healthcare Staffing Pharmacist - Boston Massachusetts in Boston, Massachusetts
Pharmacist openings in Boston,Massachusetts, $3532.00 per week!
• Hours: 40
• Start Date: 12/11/2023
• $35352.00 weeklyincludes (lodging $1379.00 & meals/incidentals $553.00)
Maxim Healthcare Staffing is seekinga Pharmacist to perform clinical and professional pharmaceutical work in thecompounding and dispensing of drugs and IV supplies. They are responsible forreviewing prescriptions to assure accuracy. Collaborates with other health careprofessionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate patient effectiveness.Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions. Analyze prescribingtrends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmfulinteractions.
For further informationand/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Carl Colvin at (813)330-9045 or email your resume to cacolvin @maximstaffing.com
· Prepares,fills and compounds drugs and IV orders by physicians and other authorize ofpersonnel/staff.
· Maintainsnarcotic inventory and records usage of all controlled substances andpharmaceuticals within the pharmacy
· Properlystores biological, vaccines and serums
· May providespecialized pharmaceutical services including, but not limited to, advisingphysicians on issues concerning drug therapy, the inherent toxicity of drugsand their side effects, as well as assisting in the prescription of appropriatedoses
· Dependingupon the assignment, may prepare IV chemotherapy solutions
· Maysupervise or coordinate the activities of pharmacy technicians who are engagedin the preparation, labeling and delivery of medications and otherpharmaceutical supplies.
· Ensurescompliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to thedispensing of drugs and controlled drugs and the maintenance of requiredrecords.
· Maintainprofessional working relationships with medical and nursing staff;
· Whennecessary, conducts and evaluates patient medication histories, assessescompliance and suggests modifications to medication orders to achieve desiredoutcomes.
· Instructpatients in the proper use of prescribed drugs; answers patient questions asneeded.
· Individualizesmedication regimens using sound principles, accounting for pharmacodynamics andpharmacokinetic variations in drug absorption, distribution, metabolism andelimination.
· Maintainspharmaceutical knowledge by attending educational in-services.
· Adheresto all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures.
· Performsother duties as assigned/necessary
· Bachelor'sdegree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy required.
· Currentregistration and/or license in state of practice
· 1 yearof experience working as a licensed pharmacist preferred.
· CurrentTuberculosis Skin Test (TST) or Chest X-ray as applicable per state law orfacility requirements
· Currentphysical exam as applicable per state law or facility requirements
· Abilityto effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals(including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strongcommunication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
· Computerproficiency required
Experience: 1 year prior hospital experiencerequired, Sterile compounding required,
Omnicell experience preferred & EPIC experiencepreferred. COVID Vaccine(s) and Seasonal Flu Vaccine required.
1) - 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm shift Tuesday through Fridayand 7:30 am to 1:00 pm shift on Sundays
(1) - night shift, 7 on, 7 off (Wed to Tues) (7p-7a)
At Maxim Healthcare Staffing, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
401(k) savings plan
Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
About Maxim Healthcare Staffing
Maxim Healthcare Staffing has been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Maxim's commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Staffing is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maxim Healthcare Staffing
- Maxim Healthcare Staffing Jobs