Medtronic NICU Clinical Product Specialist, Patient Monitoring (Boston/Philadelphia/Manhattan/DC) in Boston, Massachusetts
Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic is working together with the global healthcare community to solve clinically meaningful problems, with technologies and solutions for blood oxygen management, respiratory compromise, and perioperative complications.
This position is an exciting and new opportunity to work with Medtronic’s Patient Monitoring, Respiratory Interventions and/or Medtronic Care Management System businesses. Currently a part of Medtronic, these businesses are being transitioned either into a new stand-alone company (currently referred to as NewCo) or will be merged into the business of another company. While you will start your employment with Medtronic, upon establishment of NewCo or upon the transition of the business unit to another company, in approximately 12-15 months your employment will transfer to one of these entities and you will no longer be employed by Medtronic.
The business will have the same singular focus, financial commitment, deep domain expertise, and global footprint needed to accelerate the development and commercialization of affordable and scalable healthcare technologies.
A Day in the Life
As a OR/NICU Clinical Product Specialist (OR/NICU CPS), you will enhance the selling process by serving as the clinical expert on the application of Respiratory and Monitoring Solutions’ (RMS) products in the Adult/Pediatric Operating Room and NICU/PICU environments. The OR/NICU CPS position will work within their assigned territory with aligned sales partners to develop advocacy from Key Opinion Leaders, key clinical and business decision makers, generate demand for product evaluations, competitive conversions, drive key deals to closure, and support post-sales activities including implementation, education, in-servicing, ongoing support, and the development of robust reference accounts. The OR/NICU CPS is actively involved in the pre- and post-sale process to both identify and foster elements, processes, and champions that result in successful product adoption, conversion, or expansion of use.
· Lead OR/NICU selling and clinical activities for INVOS cerebral/somatic oximetry and Nellcor pulse oximetry technologies within assigned territory and partner with regional sales teams to ensure both pre- and post-sale requirements are met
· Lead pre-sale clinical demonstrations and evaluations to showcase the clinical value of RMS solutions. Coordinate and participate in evaluations along with aligned field sales team and customer to ensure they are conducted according to best practices. Engage key stakeholders with product value propositions, supporting literature, etc. appropriate to their specific care area.
· Lead post-sale activities including implementation, product education, in-servicing, and ongoing support to ensure robust adoption and utilization.
· Stimulate, support, and facilitate clinical champions in the development of institutional policies and processes that leverage RMS products to improve patient care
· Demonstrate skills appropriate to successful advancement of complex sales, including:
o Strong analytical abilities and use of business tools such as Salesforce.com (SFDC) and Sales Analytics to develop a robust territory strategy and business plan
o Consistent effectiveness in both offensive and defensive competitive selling situations
o Expert-level clinical knowledge of acute care in the adult/pediatric OR/CVOR and/or NICU/PICU including monitoring applications for critically ill neonates and children, including Nellcor pulse oximetry and INVOS cerebral/somatic oximetry.
· Act as a key resource for and collaborate with other internal partners (e.g., Clinical Directors, Sales Leaders, Sales Partners, Marketing, Medical Affairs, R&D) on the following:
o Educate and update the organization quarterly on OR/CVOR NICU/PICU trends and customer needs
o Identify and develop Key Opinion Leaders, reference accounts and/or potential development partners
o Development and sharing of best practices throughout the organization as a OR/NICU CPS Subject Matter Expert (SME)
o Stay up to date on the educational needs of the NICU/PICU customer base related to product utilization and concepts of clinical application
o Assess internal processes for delivery of customer education and implement process improvements as needed
o Provide expert input to facilitate the development of sales and marketing materials, customer presentations, education plans and evaluation plans that reflect the needs of the customer
o Identify subject areas, individuals, and opportunities for clinical research to further the body of evidence for our products in collaboration with Medical Affairs experts
o Evaluate potential OR/NICU product additions or acquisitions, and contribute to the successful integration of new portfolio products as applicable
· Demonstrate behaviors consistent with senior level clinical leaders, including:
o Create an environment conducive to personal development and feedback for self and peers
o Model the essence of team spirit throughout the organization
o Identify and work though difficult and complex issues with customers without compromising relationships
o Assess productivity and return on time invested and discuss opportunities for improvement with key stakeholders to ensure results
o Assist Clinical Directors with specific zone-level initiatives or programs
· Invest in self-development and education necessary to maintain status as a OR/NICU SME
· Attend applicable trade shows, medical association meetings, and educational symposia to network with customers/clinicians
· Timely completion of all special project and administrative duties
In ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate’s Degree with a minimum 4 years of clinical experience as a licensed clinician within the acute care hospital environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as a licensed clinician within the acute care hospital environment.
Nice to have
· 3-5 years total critical care experience in an acute care hospital environment, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in OR, CVOR, NICU, PICU
· OR or NICU/PICU Clinical Educator or experience in education curriculum development and delivery
· RN BSN, Advanced Practice Nurse NNP, Perfusionist
· 2+ years in team selling environment
· Experience with health care or medical device industry, either clinical education or sales
· Sales experience or possession of strong selling traits is preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, geographically distributed organization with multiple value streams
· Track record of building successful strategic business partnerships
· Must be results oriented, with internal motivation to achieve high-level results and manage complex projects to completion
· Demonstrated resiliency and high tolerance for ambiguity
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Exceptional client interaction skills
· Strong ability to create and deliver presentations, education plans, and evaluation plans that reflect the needs of the customer
· Public speaking skillsets
· Exceptional thoroughness, attention to detail, and follow-through
· Understanding of the markets in which RMS competes
· High energy, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated
· Proficient in Salesforce.com, Sales Analytics and MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Desire and ability to travel overnight (air/ground/hotel) within assigned territory and nationally when needed for high profile projects, conferences
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Travel required in assigned region and (nationally occasionally), approximately 50-75%
A commitment to our employees lives at the core of our values. We recognize their contributions. They share in the success they help to create. We offer a wide range of benefits, resources, and competitive compensation plans designed to support you at every career and life stage. Learn more about our benefits here (https://www3.benefitsolver.com/benefits/BenefitSolverView?page_name=signon&co_num=30601&co_affid=medtronic) .
In addition to Base Salary, this position is eligible for a Sales Incentive Plan (SIP), which provides the opportunity to earn significant incentive compensation for achieving or exceeding your goals. Learn more about total rewards on page 6 here .
The provided base salary range is used nationally (except in certain CA locations). The rate offered is compliant with federal/local regulations and may vary by experience, certification/education, market conditions, location, etc.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Medtronic Jobs