Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center MLS Team Lead, Blood Bank - Day Shift - Sign On Bonus Eligible in Boston, Massachusetts
Apply Now (https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25366&siteid=5252&jobid=580144) Apply Later
MLS Team Lead, Blood Bank - Day Shift - Sign On Bonus Eligible
Department Description:The Department of Pathology is involved with the diagnosis of cancer and other major medical conditions through the gross and microscopic examination of tissue samples obtained from surgical procedures and endoscopy (Anatomic Pathology).
Our department also provides clinical laboratory services to the hospital as well as consults in the areas of clinical chemistry, hematopathology, microbiology, and transfusion medicine (Clinical Pathology).
Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research in the further characterization of disease processes and trains the next generation of pathologists.
JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS:
• Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week
• Evening Shift, 03:00PM-11:30PM EST
• Rotating Weekends and Holidays Required
• Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB) Certification Preferred
SIGN ON BONUS:
• As part of an unprecedented organizational initiative, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is now offering up to $7,000 in sign on bonuses for select leadership positions in the Pathology Department.
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Job Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Job Summary:Performs and oversees a full range of laboratory tests which range from moderately simple to highly complex testing according to Standard Operating Procedures. Confirms accuracy of tests results and reports laboratory findings to the Pathologists and other Clinicians.
Serves as a resource for assigned areas of expertise and provides technical support to staff. Assists in researching new tests, performs instrument evaluations, writes standard operating procedures, and maintains supplies for their areas of expertise. Resolves technical problems and troubleshoots when test systems are not within established levels of performance.
Oversees periodic review of quality control and instrumentation logs to ensure accuracy of test results. Provides input into technical decisions, acts as expert for data collection and gathers monthly QC statistics. Functions as the technical on-call person for the off-shifts.
Demonstrates excellent skills at managing and directing workflow. Monitors the daily operations and delegation of duties within the lab. Reallocates resources as needed.
Trains Medical Technologists and Medical Lab Technologists. Participates in the development of training and competency procedures. Instructs of residents and fellows.
Serves as liaisons between Lab Support Services and technical departments and provides timely communications and resolution of problems to clients outside the labs.
Provides leadership in the absence of Clinical Managers. Represents the lab on committees. Provides input to managers for performance evaluations. Addresses personnel issues with the Clinical Manager.
Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory, Life Sciences or Medical Technology required.
Certificate 1 ASCP Registered preferred., or Certificate 2 NCA Certification preferred., or equivalent accreditation.
5-8 years related work experience required.
Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
3-5 years of Supervisory/Management experience.
Decision Making:Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
Problem Solving:Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
Independence of Action:Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
Team Work:Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.