Children's Hospital Boston Medical Technologist I-Microbiology: 7:00am-3:30pm-$7,500sign on bonus in Boston, Massachusetts
66337BRJob Posting Title:Medical Technologist I-Microbiology: 7:00am-3:30pm-$7,500sign on bonusDepartment:Lab Medicine-BacteriologyAutoReqId:66337BRStatus:Full-TimeStandard Hours per Week:40 Job Posting Category:Laboratory MedicineJob Posting Description: This Medical Technologist I will be responsible for:
• Performing a variety of routine and highly specialized diagnostic tests and specialized procedures.
• Assuring quality of the results and communicating relevance of results to other health care professionals.
• Identifying pathogens accurately and efficiently by either manual or automated culture or other testing methodologies. Obtaining results in a timely manner.
• Recognizing normal and life-threatening results and following protocol for notification of results to the clinician along with complete documentation on worksheets and in the LIS.
• Performing and understanding quality control programs including evaluation of values, documentation of errors and corrective action, and the maintenance of records in the appropriate logs.
• Performing and recording scheduled equipment maintenance, troubleshooting of equipment problems, and providing immediate notification to department supervisor in the event of any malfunctions.
• Proficiently operating the LIS and other computer related programs. Keeping current with changes and upgrades to each system.
• Participating departmental quality assurance programs.
• Understanding the importance of specimen integrity and recognizing any events that may compromise the quality of testing and reporting of results. Willingness to assume other duties as required.
To qualify, you must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or Medical Lab Science OR Associate’s Degree Medical Laboratory Technician with minimum two (2) year of experience.
• The analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles of good laboratory practices, and summarize the information and data in order to report test results and solve problems in the following areas: one or more disciplines of lab medicine including, Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology.
• Knowledge of testing for unique discipline employed.
• Ability to clearly articulate and work through all phases of laboratory testing including pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical.
• Laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and use.
• Compliance as defined by CLIA, OSHA, AABB or other related regulatory agencies, and Quality Control & Assurance.
• Certification, Registration, or Licensure Required. National certification preferred.
• Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:00m -3:30pm, including rotating weekends and holidays
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
We are offering a "one time" sign bonus of $7,500.00.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits. Discover your best.
Office/Site Location:BostonRegular, Temporary, Per Diem:Regular