Commonwealth Care Alliance Medical Director - instED in Boston, Massachusetts
instED is disrupting the well-worn path that results in unnecessary emergency room visits for urgent and acute care. Join a small team of clinical and business innovators and operators who are passionate about improved patient and provider experience and clinical outcomes while making health care more affordable, often made possible while the patient is in the comfort of their home.
instED Medical Director is a key clinical leader who owns design/redesign, end to end process improvement and ongoing assessment of instED’s innovative medical service delivery offering.
• Develops and monitors medical control scope and capacity.
• Develops network of MD/DO to serve as on-call Medical Control for network partners and participates in Medical Control coverage.
• Coordinate MD/DO coverage schedule and create effective back up system.
• Creates onboarding and ongoing education programs for new MD/DO.
• Identifies and trains MD/DO trainers who will support ongoing training and QA/QI initiatives.
• Monitors performance of MD/DO Medical Control including case audits, remediation interventions, and yearly performance plans.
• Develops and participates in care coordination, Morbidity and Mortality rounds with instED clients and network delivery partners.
• Reports on overall performance of Medical Control program.
• Prepares and Reports program performance to Department of Public Health and other regulatory bodies as part of licensing requirements.
• Contributes to all ongoing development and refinement of educational materials for network delivery partners.
• Develops new, evidence based care protocols for community paramedic visits as indicated, concerning triage, physical exam, lab/testing, immediate treatment, and communication expectations, in collaboration with instED clinical operations team.
• Serves as Laboratory Director and support efforts to obtain / maintain Moderately Complex CLIA certification.
• Reviews, coordinates, and participates in all training for network delivery partners.
• Reviews and updates all of the above on an annual basis or more frequently if indicated.
• Audits service delivery and addresses any deviance from above protocols.
• Participates in qualified business development discussions.
• Collaborates with instED Client Success team during network and client implementation efforts.
• Serves as medical in client operating reporting schedule.
• Participates in monthly executive operating reviews.
• Maintains required professional credentialing and appropriate CME standards
MD, PhD, Law Degree or equivalent doctoral degree
Active Massachusetts MD or DO license preferred
• Experience with quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation, health systems strengthening, innovation and training is desired, although not essential
• Proven skills, knowledge base and judgment necessary for independent clinical decision-making
• Excellent organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
• Able to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Effective oral and written skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective teaching and mentorship skills
• Performs a variety of complex tasks.
• Able to lead and direct the work of others.
Job Title for Posting: Medical Director - instED
External Company Name: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.commonwealthcarealliance.org/
Actual Work Location: 30 Winter Street, Boston, MA