Fenway Health Medical Assistant - 4th Floor in Boston, Massachusetts
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization The mission of Fenway Health is to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community and all people in our neighborhoods and beyond through access to the highest quality health care, education, research, and advocacy. Fenway Health was founded in 1971 and has grown from a less than 10 person operation in the basement of a building near the Boston Fens to one of the largest LGBT-focused organizations in the world. It consists of three main centers:
Fenway Community Health Center, our clinical arm, which is a federally qualified health center that operates three clinic sites (Fenway:1340, Fenway:South End, and the Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center) in the Boston area and provides over 30,000 patients with primary and specialty medical care, behavioral health care, optometry care, and dental care;
The Fenway Institute, our research/training/education/policy development arm, which houses numerous research initiatives as well as the National LGBT Education Project, the LGBT Aging Project, the National Center for Innovation in HIV Care, and the Center for Population Research in LGBT Health; and
AIDS Action, our HIV/AIDS service organization, which provides nonclinical services (case management, housing and legal assistance, outreach, peer support) to people living with HIV/AIDS and operates numerous programs focusing on HIV/STD prevention/testing/treatment, including the Access (drug user health program), TransCEND (transgender peer support and risk reduction program), and Youth on Fire (drop-in center for homeless and street-involved youth) programs.
Under the direction of the LPN/ Charge Nurse and as a member of a medical team, the Medical Assistant will provide medical support for patients and medical providers with a specific focus on administrative and secretarial services, as well as general support activities in an outpatient clinic.
Providing direct patient care, using clinical and office procedures as appropriate for a Medical Assistant in an outpatient clinic
- Organizes and prepares patient visit including patient summary sheets, labels and huddle sheets for daily clinic.
- Checks exam room for patient encounter and restocks, and cleans as necessary
- Calls patients from the lobby into the exam room
- Obtains chief complaint, vital signs, allergies, surveys, and consent forms from patient
- Open office visit note and documents vital signs in CPS
- Assists with patient care under the direction of appropriate medical provider, RN or LPN
- Assists with care coordination for individual patients and panels of patients under the direction of appropriate medical provider, RN or LPN
- Administers all CLIA waived lab tests and medical tests (e.g. EKG, Spirometry UA, HCG, rapid HIV, tb-ppd administration) and procedures (e.g. ear lavage) as per protocol and medical provider order.
- Assists with collection and transport of lab samples.
- Demonstrates competency in mailings, sorting of mail, filing, faxing and other duties to support administrative office needs
- Understands and maintains standard precautions in all clinical activities, use of PPE
- Chaperone providers as needed during physical/pelvic exams
- Coordinates in-clinic services between Client Services, the lab, Providers, MAs, and Nurses to assist with timely and smooth patient flow
- Demonstrates teamwork and works to build cohesive, professional relationships with all Fenway Health employees and patients,
- May perform phlebotomy, if trained
- Assists in emergencies as trained, calls for outside help or transport as directed.
Effectively maintains medical supply stock, medication supply stock, equipment in working order and cleanliness of clinic
- Maintains equipment in good working order, and notifies supervisor of broken equipment. Notifies supervisor of needed equipment or tools including suggestions for improvements in supplies.
- Clean, organize and stock exam rooms, supply closets, utility rooms and medical area of lab between patient visits as needed throughout the day, every day.
- Disinfects exam rooms and equipment daily and after contamination of communicable disease exposure with appropriate cleaning agent.
- Conducts weekly inventory, restocks and rotates the stock to prevent expired stock/shortages
- Orders new stock inventory as needed or informs person responsible for ordering supplies when stock is getting low
- Identifies and disposes of expired medical stock appropriately
- Maintains room cleaning logs
- Checks and records daily refrigerator temperature, and CLIA waived testing controls quality control
- May perform autoclaving, if trained
Provide phone and clerical support for general patient inquiries and outreach
- Coordinates and provides reminders for needed visits, testing, and procedures.
- Clearly and timely documents all phone calls and interactions with patients as well as attempts to contact patients
- Informs and follows up with responsible provider of communication with patients
- Obtains medical record release
- May assist patients with scheduling appointments for primary care and specialty services
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Provides support for walk-in patients
- Administers blood pressure screenings for walk-in clients
- Records blood pressure reading in medical record and notifies responsible provider
Effectively communicates with patients, co-workers on medical team, in medical department and across departments
- Demonstrates competency in CPS10 and Microsoft Outlook, and other electronic communication
- Meets with assigned provider to review upcoming appointments (daily huddle)
- Identifies abnormal vital signs and CLIA tests that require quick intervention and promptly notifies a provider or supervisor.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled general staff meetings as well as Nursing meetings
- Assists in training other employees in the medical support department
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of Fenway Community Health services, policies and procedures
- Sorting and distribution of mail and incoming faxes are performed daily and in a timely manner
- Outgoing faxes are done throughout the day in a timely manner
- Adheres to the principles of patient and confidentiality Documentation with patient information is disposed of in shredding bins, ensures that protected information is held in secure areas and conversations about patients are not overheard.
- Informs supervisor of training needs
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant Program or comparable experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrates a professional appearance, demeanor, and deportment as befitting a health care professional in an ambulatory care setting.
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Current CPR Certification
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally and racially diverse work staff preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
Title: Medical Assistant - 4th Floor
Position: Medical Assistant-2018
Number of Openings: 1
Number Filled: 0
Location: Medical - Ansin Building
Shift: -not applicable-
Req Number: HEA-18-00060