Actalent Lab Technician in Boston, Massachusetts
Exciting lab opportunity in the Boston area! Opportunities available on first, second, and third shifts. Full benefits, overtime available and holiday/vacation pay. Apply for immediate consideration!
• Performs procedures utilizing automated instrumentation and manual methods.
• Responsible for the accuracy, interpretation and reporting of results with supervisor review as appropriate.
• Perform basic laboratory procedures and an expanded scope of testing independently, accurately, efficiently, and according to approved procedures.
• Perform and document quality control and corrective action on all procedures accurately and according to approved protocol.
• Document and enter test information accurately.
• Recognize factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to predetermined protocols.
• Recognize abnormal results and refers them to designated supervisory personnel.
• Performs and keeps accurate records of equipment maintenance and quality control.
• Refers problems and unusual results to appropriate personnel.
• Performs clerical and support services as needed.
• Responds to customer needs and requests.
• Participates in proficiency testing according to lab policy.
• Participates in continuing education programs related to laboratories.
• Collects specimens and separates/delivers specimens to proper testing stations.
• Prepares reagents and controls used in conducting blood and urine tests (requires pipetting skills).
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.
- Actalent Jobs