Shawmut Design and Construction Intern/Coop- Safety in Boston, Massachusetts
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle; it’s the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
• Raise awareness of potential hazards that exist on a jobsite with safety manager by reviewing what can be done to minimize risk.
• Partner with Field Operations staff and safety team to conduct regular safety audits throughout the duration of a project assessing all safety related issues and follow up with the project team.
• Communicate directly with subcontractors to discuss various Safety concerns.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with every member of the project team, subcontractors and clients.
• Assist Safety Manager with conducting new hire safety orientations for incoming construction operations staff.
• Pursuing bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction management, occupational health and safety applied sciences, civil engineering or related field.
• Prior Co-op or internship experience in construction preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management.
• High attention to detail.
Division: Internal Operations
External Company URL: http://www.shawmut.com/
Street: 560 Harrison Avenue