Pinkerton Facility Risk Coordinator in Boston, Massachusetts
The Facility Risk Coordinator, assigned to a specific client, will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the security department and provide emergency fire and security services. The Coordinator may perform Executive Protection and/or Executive Driving details in and around the city as needed.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives. The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Research, recommend, and implement best demonstrated practices and other key initiatives.
- Conduct inspections, evaluate risks, and ensure adequate coverage for client sites and recommend solutions where problems are identified.
- Observe, investigate, and report suspicious activity, and respond to all site emergencies.
- Ensure that vehicles and equipment are good proper working condition;
- Order all necessary security equipment to support the security requirements of the site.
- Ensure baseline hours, special events, and service requests are scheduled and worked;
- Conduct weekly audits of billing hours.
- Assist in the approval of overtime scheduling to control security cost and overtime.
- Inspect each security post daily, check for post housekeeping, Post Procedure Manual, emergency call listings, and uniform compliance.
- Ensure all fire and emergency equipment are inspected, maintenance performed, and repair records completed.
- Conduct and track site-specific, annual, and new hire training and provide status reports of officer/supervisor training expiration dates.
- Provide guidance and direction to all supervisors and Security Officers, especially in emergency response situations.
- Interview and recommend candidates for security staff openings and assist in the orientation, development, and retention.
- Counsel officers and supervisors on job performance;
- Administer disciplines as required, ensuring fair and equal treatment of all employees.
- Monitor content and quality of reports prepared by security personnel and provide guidance, as necessary.
- Administer the access control badging process for the site.
- Conduct monthly emergency drills and monitor staff participation.
- Coordinate with local and corporate vendors on repairs and maintenance of the CCTV cameras, recording system, and access control equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all National and Local Bargaining Unit Agreement.
- Conduct Executive Protection and/or Executive Driving details as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
High School Diploma or GED (Associate degree, preferred) with five to seven years of experience in a related field.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels within the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Able to interact with and influence senior management to further the global security program.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabilities