Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Clinical Supervisor, Evening Shift - Sign On Bonus Eligible in Boston, Massachusetts
Apply Now (https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25366&siteid=5252&jobid=580801) Apply Later
Clinical Supervisor, Evening Shift - Sign On Bonus Eligible
Department Description:The Department of Pathology is involved with the diagnosis of cancer and other major medical conditions through the gross and microscopic examination of tissue samples obtained from surgical procedures and endoscopy (Anatomic Pathology).
Our department also provides clinical laboratory services to the hospital as well as consults in the areas of clinical chemistry, hematopathology, microbiology, and transfusion medicine (Clinical Pathology).
Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research in the further characterization of disease processes and trains the next generation of pathologists.
JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS:
• Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week
• Evening Shift, 03:00PM-11:30PM EST
• On Call Required
SIGN ON BONUS:
• As part of an unprecedented organizational initiative, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is now offering up to $8,000 in sign on bonuses for select leadership positions in the Pathology Department.
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Job Location:Boston, Massachusetts
Job Summary:Under direction of the Operations and Clinical Managers, a Clinical Supervisor provides leadership and oversight of specific areas of testing or support services.
Maintains effective workflow and operations. Acts as an expert resource within an area of specialty.
Drives Quality Improvement initiatives and seeks ways to improve performance and service.
Recommends and prepares Standard Operating Procedures for designated area, and provides training in the area of expertise.
Oversees scheduling and payroll. Maintains timely and effective communication and feedback to managers and employees.
Performs and submits to Human Resources all performance assessment documentation on time so that employee morale is maintained at a high level.
Provides training and leadership support to Team Leaders and Med Techs.
Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory, Life Sciences, or Medical Technology required.
Registration ASCP Registered preferred., and Certificate 1 Am. Board of HT and Immunogene preferred., or Certificate 2 NCA Certification preferred.
5-8 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Decision Making:Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
Problem Solving:Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
Independence of Action:Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
Written Communications:Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
Oral Communications:Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
Team Work:Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
Customer Service:Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.