Actalent Clinical Laboratory Assistant in Boston, Massachusetts
Please See Below for a Great Opportunity to get your foot in the door with one of the top hospitals in Boston, MA!
• Greets and assists visitors to the Front Window.
• Sorts and prioritizes samples that arrive at the Front Window and the Pneumatic Tube System.
• Receives patient specimens:
• Retrieves electronic orders by scanning bar-coded specimens, verify information in the system matches the labels, and update collection date/time, if necessary.
• Accessions of patient specimens:
• Accurately enters information from requisition (including patient name, unit number, requesting area, time sample drawn, physician’s name, tubes received, tests requested, and general comments) into the computer.
• Affixes bar-coded labels to requisition and tubes.
• Operates automated pre-analytic sample processing instrumentation.
• Transfers samples from racks to centrifuges and decant stations.
• Decants and sorts of specimens.
• Responds to telephone inquiries regarding patient test results and related information as part of the general laboratory workflow.
• Processes add-on requests:
• Locates samples, add tests to the accession and responds to electronic request from the provider.
• Faxes reports as requested per lab protocol.
• May pre-process specimens for tes.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous laboratory, healthcare or customer service experience preferred.
• Experience with computers, including Microsoft Windows software.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.
- Actalent Jobs