Children's Hospital Boston Case Manager, 16 Hours Per Week in Boston, Massachusetts
56576BRTitle:Case Manager, 16 Hours Per WeekDepartment:Patient Services-Patient Care OperationsAutoReqId:56576BRStatus:Part-TimeStandard Hours per Week:16 Job Category:NursingJob Posting Description:
At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Case Management department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Case Manager will be responsible for:
• Performing utilization review of hospital admissions and continued inpatient stays in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and criteria.
• Evaluating level of care and duration of treatment plan and negotiates with payers, physicians and other providers regarding patient care and reimbursement requirements and options.
• Providing leadership to patient cares teams in discharge planning and provides education and consultation on resource utilization and management.
• Maintaining communication and collaboration among payers, providers, hospital departments and external agencies in order to promote continuity and coordination of care.
To qualify, you must have:
• A BSN required, a Master’s in a related Healthcare field or certification is a plus.
• Minimum 3-5 years of related Case Management or clinical experience.
• The ability to work 16 hours per week, 2 day shifts a week, including every third weekend.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Office/Site Location:BostonRegular, Temporary, Per Diem:Regular