Express Scripts Cardiopulmonary Nurse Specialist RN - Accredo in Boston, Massachusetts
Acts as liaison between Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) centers, pulmonary physician practices, hospitals, Accredo Health Group (AHG) branch and sales team. Serves as primary resource for high volume regional PAH referral sources. Provides educational support and training to personnel and outside agencies, and institutions to ensure staff competency. Provides therapy specific training to patients as needed. Attends clinical support meetings with the Pulmonary Hypertension Support Group. Attends and represents company in national cardiopulmonary meetings.
- Coordinates and provides patient, caregiver, and staff training and continuous clinical support for institutions and related clinical disciplines, including PAH disease process, treatment modalities, related drug administration education and pump operation.
- Act as regional PAH resource for branches.
- Act as primary liaison and clinical sales support between Cardiac, Rheumatology and PAH centers, physician practices, hospitals and division to facilitate communication between supplier and distributor.
- Attends and represents division at meetings for PAH product lines.
- Visits physician(s) and PAH treatment centers to facilitate referral process and support communications locally and regionally between division and center.
- Perform case management for caseload of patients at major treatment center(s).
- Facilitates regular patient case conference meetings between physician groups and branches.
- Supports product implementation and launch of new PAH product lines.
- Assists with PAH presentations.
- Accountable for coordinating and working with cardiopulmonary sales, Regional Team and branch clinical team in facilitating new cardiopulmonary business.
- Obtains clinical documentation from referral sources to obtain financial and clinical clearance from payor for PAH therapies, including new and existing clients.
- Participates in conference calls reporting on referrals and updating Cardiopulmonary Team on area information/data relative to PAH.
- Attends regional/national sales and clinical meetings as requested.
- Identifies and reports contract issues, threats, and opportunities to management.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Registered Nursing License required.
- College Degree preferred or 14-18 years of relevant experience required.
- 8-12 Years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 6-8 years’ experience with Master’s Degree.
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license in state of relevance.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Access preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Collegial work style.
- Ability to align efforts effectively with other work groups.
- Energetic, self-motivated, engaging individual.
- Ability to impact and influence employees at all organizational levels.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Professional, positive demeanor.
- Problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Understanding of legal and regulatory issues.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Analyze information, target trends.
- Compile data and statistics.
- Conduct meetings.
- Customer service focus.
- Counsel patients.
- Develop/maintain a cross section of networks.
- Internal and external customer intermediary.
- Negotiation skills.
- Organize people and systems to achieve goals.
- Strong oral, written communication and organizational skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunityemployer/disability/veteran