Beth Israel Lahey Health Administrative Assistant III Clinical Practice OBGYN Bonus Eligible in Boston, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Job Summary: Provides administrative support to physicians in their clinical, academic, research and leadership roles.
$1,500.00 Bonus Eligible
· Sign on bonuses are paid out in three payments. You will receive your first payment (one third of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment at six (6) months and the third payment (final third of total amount) one year following your start date and all payments subject to applicable taxes.
· Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
· Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
· Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Answers and screens telephone calls . Takes accurate messages or directs call to appropriate person. Greets and directs patients, families, visitors and staff. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear, accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
Updates patient demographic and insurance information as necessary and obtains specialist referrals for all patient appointments. Schedules patient appointments utilizing scheduling tools and resources. Coordinates and communicates ancillary appointments and procedures working with other hospital staff as needed.
Obtains patient information and materials as needed from referral sources. Prepares patient records for clinical activities and maintains patient records for physicians. Acts as liaison with other departments and external customers in a calm and supportive manner. Handles confidential information appropriately and explains policies and procedures when necessary.
Maintains physician's administrative and clinical calendars. Types correspondence, manuscripts and documents that may require complex formatting. Composes routine correspondence. Transcribes letters and patient notes as needed for physicians and/or facilitates notes and letters in (CCC) system. Composes routine correspondence. Prepares and distributes materials for meetings and committees.
Actively assists and supports licensed practitioners by queuing prescriptions for renewal and performing the initial review of medication listings for accuracy in the electronic medical record (Web OMR).
High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
3-5 years related work experience required.
Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs