Cabot Corporation Sr. Laboratory Technical Operator in Billerica, Massachusetts
Works under minimal supervision and performs a variety of standard and non-routine activities related to chemical, dynamic or physical testing of elastomer compounds. Prepares more complex samples and runs testing equipment; may work in laboratory or in a pilot plant environment operating pilot line equipment. Provides training and orientation to less-experienced operators.
• Prepares samples for non-routine and more complex testing.
• Uses various state of the art equipment and apparatus required for mixing, milling and curing materials, such as polymers, as well as molding equipment to prepare samples. Operates and runs processing/milling, abrasion/polishing, and other machines, as required. Ability to recognize and troubleshoot issues with equipment/processes and participate in the resolution of problems. May assemble and install process equipment used for testing purposes.
• Ensures that tests are conducted thoroughly and on a timely basis. Good understanding of how the equipment/processes work. Coordinates resources to meet deadline requirements and works with other operators to accomplish tasks. Follows/monitors service requests from initiation through to completion. May work with others to develop test methods for new or existing pieces of equipment.
• Keeps notes, enters data to database. Generates, organizes data, provides summary interpretation to identify issues and trends as necessary.
• Calibrates testing equipment and performs routine maintenance, as needed.
• Provides training and work orientation to less-experienced operators as needed. Acts as a resource to others.
• Adheres to all intellectual property standards throughout area of responsibility.
• Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
• Strictly follows and complies with all SH&E procedures, standards and regulations and constantly strives for Excellence in the field of Safety, Health and preservation of the Environment.
• Maintains work area in compliance with safety rules and regulations. Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements.
• Broad knowledge of laboratory testing equipment and protocols.
• Ability to identify out-of-range results and note unusual patterns.
• Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity in order to operate and perform basic service to laboratory equipment.
• Knowledge of computers and standard office applications.
• Quality and precision oriented. Displays great care in observing and following testing protocols.
• Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly. Ability to provide training to others.
• Ability to classify and organize data in a logical and orderly way as well as plan work to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Ability to lift heavy items and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. / 22.7 kg.
• Organizational skills in order to handle simultaneous work and meet deadlines.
• Collaborative attitude and inter-personal skills; willing to share information and resources with peers.
• Secondary degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience, OR
• Associates degree in technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years of related experience, OR
• Post-secondary degree (Bachelor’s/University) in a technical discipline; some related experience a plus
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2021-9698
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com