Instrumentation Laboratory - Bedford Laboratory Technician I in Bedford, Massachusetts
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
Under direct supervision, performs general entry level laboratory duties ranging from very basic to moderate complexity in the fields of chemistry, biology, biotechnology or other technical specialization.
• Able to read and understand laboratory procedures such as protocols.
• Periodically communicates results, problems, and progress to supervisor or a project scientist.
• Follows schedules in accordance with assignments and priorities given by supervisor or a project scientist.
• Comfortable with reagent, solution, and human blood preparation or handling.
• Able to operate a variety of laboratory equipment such as medical devices, centrifuge and other equipment as needed.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Excel and Word.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
• Will interface on a regular basis with immediate supervisor and groups across the organization as needed
Skills & Capabilities
• Functional and technical skills
• Following procedures and protocols accurately
• Oral and written communications
• Personal learning and problem solving
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
Minimum Knowledge & Experience Required for the Position:
- Associate Degree in related field with 0 to 1-year experience or high school diploma with minimum 2 years’ experience in related field: chemistry, biology, biotechnology, medical device, laboratory technician or other related fields.
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis, we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.
Job ID: 2023-6033
External Company URL: https://werfen.com/en
Street: 180 Hartwell Road