Steward Health Care System Medical Assistant-Occupational Medicine in Ayer, Massachusetts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Position Function: The Medical Assistant is a member of the health care team who assists the professional care givers in providing quality care to patients.
Has the authority to carry out patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
· "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
· Functions in the role of a medical assistant on the health care team as assigned by the Registered Nurse/NP/PA/Midwife/MD designee taking vital signs, EKG's chief complaints.
· Performs work to meet schedules and to facilitate quality team health care to ambulatory patients.
· Reports significant observations and patient problems through proper channels.
· Maintains confidentiality of patient records and problems; treats patients and families with respect.
· Maintains a clean, orderly and safe patient environment.
· Attends in-service programs appropriate to the clinical areas.
· Performs non-nursing functions which impact and contribute to the quality of patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse.
· Cross-train with front desk staff.
· Terminal cleaning/infection control.
· Documents vital signs, height, weight, BP, and BMI on progress note.
· Assists with procedures.
· Prepares the patient and equipment; chaperoning female patients as needed.
· Cleans instruments and equipment as needed.
· Provides and maintains supplies, equipment and linen for the assigned clinical areas.
· Practices and adheres to Universal Precautions
· Manages patient flow.
· Responsible to report to the Operations Manager or designee all operational issues that require attention.
· Responsible to report to the Operations Manager or designee any serious and/or change in patients' conditions.
· Reports to the Operations Manager all incidents and breaches in quality care.
· Responsible to report to the Operations Manager or designee broken equipment.
· Responsible to document all patient care activities performed
· Shall be accountable for all patient care activities performed.
· Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all Hospital related, Medical staff related and patient related data and information.
· Shall be accountable for observing all Policies and Procedures of the Unit, Infection Control and Medical Center.
· Shall be accountable for meeting the departmental goals and objectives set and agreed to by the health center as related to clinic operations.
· Accountable for maintaining confidentiality and security of all patient data and information.
· Accountable for maintaining confidentiality of computer ID code.
· Accountable for accurate documentation of patient records and correspondence when applicable.
Graduate/completion of a medical assistant program.
High School diploma or GED.
Previous experience in a health care setting as a medical or nursing assistant.
Ability to read, speak and write and understand the English language.
Ability to complete mathematical computations required to perform tasks.
Ability to lift, transfer and move patients.
Strong interpersonal, organizational and oral communication skills.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Graduate of a medical assistant program.
Union and Steward Benefits to help you live well!
· Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
· Dental and Vision Insurance
· 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Worldwide Travel Assistance
· Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Auto and Home Insurance
· Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.