Heywood Hospital Office Nurse in Athol, Massachusetts
Under the direction of Management, Provider (Physician or APP),and/or nursing lead(if applicable), incumbent is responsible for assisting with patient care and triage. Must participate in customer service and patient satisfaction initiatives. Must learn and perform new standards and processes as they are implemented and complete any assigned training. Other duties and locations as assigned.
- Registered Nurses, Current Massachusetts License required.
- Current BLS certification required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a busy environment
- General comfort level with computers/technology and ability to learn programs as needed.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records Preferred and word processing skills required
- Ability to maintain strict compliance with HIPPA regulations is required.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, some evenings & weekends may be required.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel between locations is also required
Minimum Work Experience
- One (1) year experience as an RN or LPN in medical office setting preferred
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe practice and hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Heywood Healthcare Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Completed all Heywood Healthcare and Department Specific Mandatoryrequirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Clinical duties include: patient care, telephone triage, patient education, obtaining and recording patient health information including vitals and injections.
- Communicate normal and abnormal lab results with patients and communicate clinical plan and significance
- Completes tasks associated with clinical inbox/ practice buckets (personal, practice referral, medical record and others assigned) proficiently and in a timely manner
- Queues orders and prescriptions as directed and according to practice procedure
- Utilizes MassPat/Prescription Monitoring program as directed and according to practice procedure
- Competently manages provider controlled substance registry program as directed and according to practice procedure
- Prepare forms and educational materials as directed by Provider to be communicated to and/or mailed to patients
- Provide mentoring to other clinical staff (such as Medical Assistants)
- Rooming patients and begin basic documentation for medical provider:
- Performs Phlebotomy services and administers vaccines
- Performs basic office laboratory procedures such as urinalysis, urine culture, hematocrit, sed rate, mono spot, pregnancy tests, throat cultures and related procedures
- Coordinates patient flow and prepares patient for examination. Takes and records vital signs and EKG’s. Documents intake assessment. Assists physician and others in clinical procedures as required or directed
- Manage State Vaccine program under the direction of the Nurse Manager.
- Obtains necessary prior- authorizations for ordered medications, procedures and diagnostic studies as required or directed
- Maintains records, reports, logs and other statistical information as required or directed.
- Instruments and equipment are prepared and sterilized according to procedure to support infection control.
- Processes Medical Records incoming and outgoing according to practice guidelines and regulations
- Maintains assigned office and/or clinical supplies. Assures accurate inventory of supplies based on approved levels. Rotates stock as required. Initiates requisitions for re-supply or special items.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office such as answering telephone, scheduling in office appointments, taking messages accurately and routing appropriately,and related duties as required or directed
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, training and seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of quality improvement in daily operations
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Provide coverage when needed at other locations within HeywoodMedical Group.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Medical Group
Department: HMG ADMINISTRATIVE,27900
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 790023010401
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Office Nurse
Location: Athol, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 09/05/2018