Heywood Hospital CNA, 2nd FL Med/Surg in Athol, Massachusetts
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of certified nursing assistant program
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of six months to one year of related work experience
- Current MA CNA certification
- Current BCLS certification
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Physical Requirements: Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently kneels (bending the legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees), reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and feels (perceiving attributes of items as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of fingertips). Occasionally crouches (bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine), and stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist).
Behavioral Attributes: The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Hospital Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures under direction of a licensed nurse.
- Collects basic health data as directed by a licensed nurse.
- Assists patients with activities of daily care (e.g. personal hygiene, toileting, nutrition, ambulation, etc).
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Respects each patient as an individual; provides care that fosters the patient’s sense of dignity and positive self-regard.
- Provides thorough, timely, and accurate documentation of all pertinent patients according to established standards.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment (identifies and/or removes safety hazards).
- Provides timely and thorough information on assigned patients to supervising licensed nurse and other health care team members.
- Participates in learning for colleagues and self (attends educational programs, in-services, assist with orientation of new staff).
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e. appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, including bathing, shampooing, shaving, brushing teeth, etc.
- Obtains heights and weights of assigned patients per care plan.
- Assists patients with ambulation using appropriate technique (i.e. gait belt).
- Assists patients with turning in bed and transferring from bed to stretcher or chair using appropriate technique (i.e. transfer mattress).
- Provides incontinent care to patients.
- Assists patients with eating and drinking per care plan.
- Maintains and documents fluid intake, output measurements and vital signs on patients per care plan.
- Assists with obtaining late trays as needed.
- Maintains infection control precautions per Infection Control Policy.
- Cleans the food refrigerators on a weekly basis.
- Maintains unit food inventory on a daily basis.
- Prepares room for the next patient by cleaning and making bed.
Statement of Other Duties: This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Athol Hospital
Department: AMH 2ND FL MED/SURG,16383
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 16383501
Position Hours: 24
Weekend Frequency: every other
Holiday Rotation: per policy
Job Title: CNA, 2nd FL Med/Surg
Location: Athol, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 01/24/2019