Baystate Health Surgical Technologist Full Time in Springfield, Massachusetts
Surgical Technologist Full Time
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Healthis an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 11,500 employees, five hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the onlyLevel 1 Trauma Centerin the region and has the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
You would be responsible for:
•Performing a variety of clinical and technical procedures under the direction of a Registered Nurse
•These duties may include, but are not limited to: Assisting physicians; Instrument and case set up; O.R. room turnover and technical support
•Maintaining O.R and related room supplies
•Similar and related duties as assigned
What you will need
· Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required.
· Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology
· Knowledge and maintenance of instrumentation, technical, and mechanical equipment and related supplies.
· Strong organizational and customer service skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced/high stress setting.
· AST (Association Surgical Technologists) certification required
What you need to know
•Full time; Day position; 36 hours per week; 4 - 9 hour shifts; also available 40 hrs full time
•Rotating weekends, on-call and holidays